Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

My bum hurts!

2 replies

mazmc83 · 30/11/2019 19:01

Hi everyone,

I've an odd pain that have my doctors baffled so thought I'd put it out there!

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and about 2 weeks ago I started getting an aching pain in a very specific spot that felt like the inside left side of my back passage. I immediately thought haemmaroids (as I've had them plenty of times before), so applied cream etc. After a couple of very painful and distracting days at my desk I started to find it unbearable. It hurt particularly when I leant forward (even if it's slightly, like cooking over the stove etc) .

The pain is also on the same left side, same position but at the front of my lower belly (kinda where an ovary would sit).

After a week of no improvement, i took myself off to the gp - he did an internal exam and found no haemmaroids and seemed really baffled. He called the gyno at my hospital and they suggested sciatica but I'm not convinced. The pain is internal - either IN the passage or against it, it's not in my back or booty or leg. And if the bum pain flares up so does the front pain.

I went to the early pregnancy assessment centre yesterday and everything was fine with bub, but they had no answers for my pain either.

Could my growing uterus be pressing on something? It's getting really annoying now so any advice would be much appreciated!

OP posts:
itsgettingweird · 30/11/2019 19:06

Have they checked for an internal abscess?

When I had this it worked its way out and I had external abscess and had to have surgery for an anal fistula.

GrumpyHoonMain · 30/11/2019 19:08

If you have a posterior cervix it’s probably normal.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.