My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for your tuesday morning disasters?

54 replies

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 10:08

I m wearing lovely comfortable boots which are warm and soft and dont hurt my bunion.
However I have not long ago stepped out of the car into a massive puddle in the staff car park and I have found one has a leak.
Which means I m uncomfortably squelching around a cold drama studio with a wet foot. It s grim. I wont be home till after 7pm Sad.
Oh and I have spilt sugar in my bag which means my pen and phone are horribly sticky.
What s ruining your Tuesday?

OP posts:
icouldcareless · 26/11/2019 11:00

Washing the kitchen floor on my hands and knees with a scrubbing brush. Almost at the end (with a brief interlude to evict the cat who wanted to give me the mouse he has caught) and I accidentally knocked over the mop bucket Angry

TabbyMumz · 26/11/2019 11:09

I wish my life was so simple. Very jealous. Oh for the days when all I had go worry about was a wet foot.

MustardScreams · 26/11/2019 11:11

@TabbyMumz people are allowed to complain about crap days, even if yours are worse. Are you always competitively worse off?

Dd has the runs so it’s poo central here today!

SunshineAngel · 26/11/2019 11:21

DSS messed around his morning and missed his college bus for the 6th time this term, then rang partner's mum because he was too scared of telling us he'd missed it again .. reported to her as we wouldn't give him a lift, so she came round to the house giving us a mouthful because she'd "had to take him".

He hid it from us.

Although to be fair we couldn't have taken him. It's an hour round trip at that time of day, if not longer. My partner was at work before DSS should have left, and I WFM and have to be online at 9am for the morning briefing. But none of his family see my job as a real job, so..

TabbyMumz · 26/11/2019 11:23

Mustard.....I wish I wasnt in the position of as you call it "competitively worse off". How rude. I can complain about my crap life just as much as you are allowed to complain about a crap day you know....its not just limited to you.

Brain injured family member here. No support. Got to do everything and I mean everything on my own...including poo central, getting kids to school, cooking, shopping, working, all kids appts. Everything. Not being competitive, just moaning.

easyandy101 · 26/11/2019 11:23

What s ruining your Tuesday?

Locked into a 2 hour conversation about different toilet block hangers, only about half an hour. Keep changing the subject but mateys not having it

kazza446 · 26/11/2019 11:24

Woke up to a bed full of blood as my tampon leaked. Found head lice in my daughters hair and then found my car wouldn’t start. School is 6 miles away!! Had to call the mother in law to take children. Called out the AA and found out I needed a replacement car battery. I’m now £120 lighter, waiting to see the gp about my 3 week period and scratching like I have bloody nits 😡

MustardScreams · 26/11/2019 11:25

@TabbyMumz I’m not being rude, but this is clearly a lighthearted thread and it’s annoying when people try to compete.

I am sorry you’re having such a rough time though, I hope things improve for you.

nocluewhattodoo · 26/11/2019 11:32

Letter from bailiffs through the door because 'D'P didn't pay a parking fine, we don't even have a car anymore, I had no idea about it and the debt is now £500. I'm just so thankful I did most of my Christmas shopping for DD in August/September so she won't miss out. Coupled with being underpaid at work it's going to be extremely tight for the next few weeks.

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 11:32

@TabbyMumz sorry to hear about your troubles.
My life s not so simple either. I have an adult son with severe depression and PTSD who I m supporting.
Just ranting about silly things today (one of his better days).

OP posts:
TabbyMumz · 26/11/2019 11:33

Mustard....so sorry you are annoyed but if that's your only worry you are in quite a lucky position in my opinion. Everyone competes on this sort of thread. To be perfectly honest I dont give a flying xxxx whether my crap life beats anyone else's crap day, was just taking the opportunity to vent .. ... things wont improve for me, I'm stuck with it unfortunately. Usually quite resilient but recently had a lot of bad luck on top of what is the day to day position. I used to be as flippant as you and was pretty much in the dark as you are that there are other people out there not so lucky. Enjoy your day.

MarianaMoatedGrange · 26/11/2019 11:36

Searched everywhere for my e fag - which I'd JUST HAD ffs. Went to the loo, it dropped from my pocket into the loobowl. GAH!

Littleidyll · 26/11/2019 11:38

Sorry for everyone having a crappy day, so what if your crap is trivial to someone else, that's not the point. There is ALWAYS going to be some one worse off.

Mine is hospital appointments needed to attend today but tried to start car this morn, bunch of warning lights on so waiting to Green Fiag...DC with SEN woke this morning with what looks like an eye infection. She is non verbal and hate being touched so can't get a good look at it and can't get out as we lie in the sticks. Pissing with rain and I just want to hibernate or win the lottery and piss off somewhere less shit.

theoriginalmadambee · 26/11/2019 11:38

@recklessruby
You can use a plastic bag as a sock. Dry your sock and wear with bag, then the plastic won't feel that uncomfortable and you won't be in direct contact with the wet boot.

MarianaMoatedGrange · 26/11/2019 11:38

Oh dear, I feel silly now. Thought this was a light hearted thread.

TabbyMumz · 26/11/2019 11:43

Apologies..my immediate reaction was to vent....of course it's fun to have a light hearted thread. Dont feel bad Mariana.

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 11:54

@MadamBee thanks will try that (not my own bags which are still infested with sugar....as is my car).

OP posts:
Skittlesandbeer · 26/11/2019 11:59

Well my whinge is certainly ‘first world’.

My 75yo mother has spent a whole year obsessed with an outing she heard about on the radio. Which, as always, means I’m expected to research it, book it, take time off, etc. Fine. Secured tix months ago, it gets booked out far in advance. It’s an overnight lux glamping thing at a safari park- real African animals, special after-hours access to feed them, outdoor group cookout. Quite expensive and far away (I’d be driving). Touted as my 8yo DD’s birthday treat, but obviously paid for by me. Granny & DD have talked of nothing else since August. It’s booked for Thursday/Friday.

First thing this morning the venue rings and says ‘sorry, clerical error, it was sposed to be reserved as an ‘adults only’ night so our booking is cancelled’. I was offered an alternate night to reschedule- the 26th Dec.

Aaarrrgghh! So child & granny sobbing with disappointment, I’m arguing with the management about their incompetence and on the other lines with work (to get my hours rearranged) plus a plumber who was supposed to be unblocking the loo 2 days ago. Meanwhile my best friend is texting me to please pick up her kids today and keep them overnight cos she’s too flummoxed with a new love to have properly organised her week and has triple-booked herself.

As I’ve typed this, DH has texted saying he was quite looking forward to having a night alone, and is blaming me for the cancellation somehow.

So my Tuesday so far is full of sulking, sobbing, negotiating and a stinky loo. I’m not saying there aren’t worse tuesdays out there, but I must say this one is fairly gin-worthy for me already.

PerkingFaintly · 26/11/2019 12:02

THERE WILL BE NO TUESDAY MORNING DISASTERS HERE.

Actually it's now noon, so might technically be safe. But I'm venturing into the plumbing today and will have no tempting of fate.Shock

theoriginalmadambee · 26/11/2019 12:03

Sorry no advice for sugar, I'm thinking ants to eat sugar and ant eater to eat ants and voila Grin.

Thing is, we all have shit going on, some more than others, but we all know the moment when something small makes your day go tits up and you find yourself crying over spilt sugar.

Happiness and better days to you all 💐.

teddyclown · 26/11/2019 12:12

A conversation with the VAT man that I didn't want to have, but had to put on my big girl pants and get it sorted :-(

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 12:14

@Madambee I would LOVE an anteater!

OP posts:
Bunney2020 · 26/11/2019 12:23

But then what gets rid of the anteater? Or is this a ploy just to get a pet anteater Madambee? Grin

My disaster is just insomnia and anxiety is stopping me function as a normal person. 2 hours sleep but I’ve been in bed since 10pm last night. So I’m tying to find the will to get myself into the shower as the first minigoal. I think you moaning minnies have cheered me up enough to do it lol.

calmama · 26/11/2019 12:26

Have been in excruciating tooth pain radiating through my jaw, ear and into my brain all. day. Painkillers are NOT helping. It seems the thousands of dollars I could ill afford spent on dental fees trying to fix said pain haven't either. Unfortunately not even my 2yo son checking my temperature, kissing it better and demanding he put a plaster on it helped. But it did make me and my crapped out jaw smile :)

GrannyBags · 26/11/2019 12:31

My last Tuesday off before I start work next week. So far I have -
Dropped a full bowl of chilli on the kitchen floor
Spent about half an hour looking for my phone which was in such an obvious place I should have looked there first
Tripped over the cat (not even mine!)
May sit down for the entire afternoon!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.