My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To ask for your tuesday morning disasters?

54 replies

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 10:08

I m wearing lovely comfortable boots which are warm and soft and dont hurt my bunion.
However I have not long ago stepped out of the car into a massive puddle in the staff car park and I have found one has a leak.
Which means I m uncomfortably squelching around a cold drama studio with a wet foot. It s grim. I wont be home till after 7pm Sad.
Oh and I have spilt sugar in my bag which means my pen and phone are horribly sticky.
What s ruining your Tuesday?

OP posts:
managedmis · 26/11/2019 12:32

DH uploaded his Spotify account on my phone so I had none of my playlists.

Did anyone say first world problems?

managedmis · 26/11/2019 12:33

Oh yeah I was awake between 3-4am last night. Lots of fun

MissDew · 26/11/2019 12:37

Forgot to put my towel in my changing bag. Put my exercise pants on the floor in front of the the shower cubicle to act as a bath mat. Dried myself with my t-shirt then got dressed. Resourceful, non ?

Tabbyzmumz will be along shortly, no doubt.

Skittles and beer has it !

glueandstick · 26/11/2019 12:38

Knocked over a jar of wax I had careful heated so I could recycle the jar and cut myself on a tin in the recycling.

Saving the planet can go fuck itself today.

slipperywhensparticus · 26/11/2019 12:38

You need s plumber for a blocked loo? Gosh that beats my ds hands down the worst we had it took fairy liquid and a kettle to dissolve

slipperywhensparticus · 26/11/2019 12:42

My son has broke his switch and has a meltdown over it we were late for school and she delightfully said never mind you haven't been late at all this term (lates go through the main office) it's only November but I must have looked upset for her to try to comfort me like that

I hovered my sons bedroom today the cat got so scared he fled up to the curtain pole so I shut the Hoover down he got down through the curtains literally I'm not checking the damage I'm procrastinating on mumsnet

theoriginalmadambee · 26/11/2019 12:42

@Bunney2020 getting rid of an anteater Shock. We have just found OP'S spirit animal. But I would suggest getting this thread taken down if any goes missing from any zoos Grin.

So bunney which is your spirit animal for getting out of bed? BTW sympathy with the insomnia, bloody menopause Wink.

Isithometimeyet0987 · 26/11/2019 12:53

DDs school is off today for teacher training, not so sad about this as when she has no school she doesn’t wake up until 9:30ish so I was looking forward to a relaxing morning. My classes I teach on Tuesdays don’t start until 1:30 so shouldn’t of had work this morning (I usually go in about 10/11 anyway to do admin but not today because of dd being off) but no instead I was terrorised with calls from parents from I kid you not 6:04am (that was the first of many calls and texts) complaining that the seats they wanted for our students Christmas show where taken by someone else or they couldn’t get enough seats together or can I please alllow them extra tickets than the allocated amount per child as they have a big family/no childcare and the list goes on, I could scream. This is dispite the fact it is clearly stated on student contracts, Facebook page, Instagram and our website calls are only allowed between 9am and 5pm and should only be directly with the teacher if there’s a problem in that specific class all other calls should go to reception! And yes I do have to give my number out due to a few reasons. Sorry that was long I’m tired and annoyed now!

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 13:01

@Bunney2020 we keep the anteater as a school sponsor pet and lend him to the kitchen staff for their summer ant problems. My class would love it. Smile.
Sorry to hear you re battling insomnia and anxiety. That sucks.

OP posts:
MissDew · 26/11/2019 13:06

BTW sympathy with the insomnia, bloody menopause

Can I just nick that ? What's the deal with insomnia and the menopause ?

Waking at night to go to the toilet. I get an adrenaline rush. I get hot and sweaty. Fortunately the sweat doesn't last long, but, I then can't get back to sleep at 3am. I finally start to drift off to sleep at 6.20am knowing the radio alarm will start, as programmed (by me) at 6.30am.

MissDew · 26/11/2019 13:07

Back on topic (and I need to get to the menopause thread).

No thread derail here.

DisplayPurposesOnly · 26/11/2019 13:07

Got up early to do a bit of last minute revision for my meeting at 10.00 (an hour's travel away). Instead my two rabbits escaped.... Meeting start delayed by 30 mins.

Pesky wabbits. Pie for dinner tonight Wink

theoriginalmadambee · 26/11/2019 13:15

Ahh @MissDew no derailing here. Wellcome to the club, it's shit isn't it? And the anxiety and...

@Isithometimeyet0987 if someone called me with none-urgent shit at 6.04 it would be their last call... ever.

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 13:15

@calmama much sympathy! Toothache is the worst! I had 2 abscesses 3 years ago and would rather have gone through childbirth again than that.
Have you tried clove oil?

OP posts:
PerkingFaintly · 26/11/2019 13:33

Is now a good time to report a Tuesday afternoon disaster.

The plumbing is now officially fucked (turns out offering up a pushfit fitting is a VERY bad idea unless you have much stronger hands than me...).
calmama · 26/11/2019 13:37

@recklessruby I haven't actually. I wouldn't even know where to put it, the pain is so spread out. It's honestly shooting into the very depths of my brain. How and where did you apply it with your abscesses?

One very looooong night a few years ago I cracked a tooth to the root and was in agony. So much agony I was chewing mouthfuls of whole cloves to try to cope before I had to get to hospital. Didn't help at all! Though I'm sure clove oil would be more potent.

FlatheadScrewdriver · 26/11/2019 13:46

You lot have made me smile. My Tuesday morning disaster was a misguided attempt to do a nice thing - thought I would replace DD's broken lampshade. Could not get lightbulb to twist out, so ham-fistedly jiggled it ...broke the light fitting. Oh joy.

Having a fortifying cup of tea before braving a DIY store for a new bit. Which won't be the right bit until I've gone back 3 or 4 times of course...

recklessruby · 26/11/2019 13:56

@calmama put it right on the swelling where the pain is.
If you re in the UK you can buy it in any pharmacy.
Tbh I was so scared of the dentist till a few years ago I tried EVERYTHING but only getting the rotten ones out helped in the end.

OP posts:
CheshireChat · 26/11/2019 14:07

DP's lost his job mostly due to being an idiot, had a massive row with my mum who's just moved in with us, the two of them also having arguments through me Hmm. One is being emotionally manipulative and one is controlling.

DS who is fantastically bright is struggling with reception in pretty much all areas and it looks like he might have some additional needs and at the very least he needs additional support Sad.

And no one wants to bloody hire and I really need a job.

dreichwinter · 26/11/2019 14:20

I had a massive pre thanksgiving clean yesterday and managed to throw out ds homework which he didn't save on the computer or put in the homework file.
Discovered just as we were trying to leave house.
Also another dc has used his pe shirt and left it grossly stinky and sweaty, urghh. At least he found this one though!

WeBuiltCisCityOnSexistRoles · 26/11/2019 14:21

Brew and Thanks to everyone struggling. I'm sorry you're having a shit time too tabby, and I see you've apologised. Hands up who hasn't had a thought like that when speaking to someone in RL and had to bite your tongue. Sometimes we fail Smile

Well I have had a shit week with (ironically) bad brain related news but the level of rage I had this morning when I realised I had sewed something really complicated with the wrong fucking thread was ShockAngry

PlinkPlink · 26/11/2019 14:26

I accidentally used my credit card which is maxed out to pay for a cup of coffee today- so now I'll get an over limit fee

Trying to walk around town today was exhausting, making me dizzy and frustratingly filled with trips to the toilets - thanks pregnancy

I can't visit my friend who is very I'll in hospital because if Norovirus and pregnancy - this one tops it all I think.

That being said it could be so much worse.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

MissDew · 26/11/2019 14:33

And no one wants to bloody hire and I really need a job.

My sympathies to you for all your problems. (But, something's got to give or it's going to get messy/messier.

Can relate to the final sentence. My husband got turned down for a job yesterday. They finally got round to calling him at 5pm yesterday. The feedback he got was his presentation over - ran (better than being to short ?) They also remarked that it should have had more detail regarding hiring company (that only the internal candidate would have known).

The interview was short to the point of curt.

So, that's a four hundred mile round trip to the interview venue and back wasted. I drove so he would be fresh for the interview.

All that interview preparation, all that poise and getting his head in the game. For nothing. Again. (Got turned down a couple of weeks ago, different company. Still smarting from that. Now this.)

He took the day off as unpaid leave from work for the interview, and the following day to rest. I took two days off work too.

All for nothing.

When do we get off this treadmill and finally settle ?

spanglydangly · 26/11/2019 14:33

Nothing yet, but the cars in for MOT and service, so watch this space!

Lweji · 26/11/2019 15:33

Probably too late now, but after a few such incidents at Uni (a few, ahem, years ago) I've learnt that the best way to deal with wet shoes/boots is to stuff toilet paper inside. Change regularly. It keeps the feet warm and increasingly dry.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.