Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU that the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream

8 replies

Housewife2010 · 13/11/2019 12:58

advert is the most annoying one on TV at the moment? There's a twee "poem" read by the eponymous Charlotte and lots of posing shiny faces. I like some of the CT makeup but can't believe that this "Magic Cream" is a magical concoction which she created!

OP posts:
Crazyoldmaurice · 13/11/2019 15:40

CT make up is all way over priced and mediocre at best. Magical cream my arse, the advert drives me bonkers too. I remember when the perfume came out a couple of years ago and I heard amazing things about it but the smell was absolutely awful, I was so disappointed after such a big advertising campaign!

Pukkatea · 13/11/2019 15:53

Oh god that perfume - I got sent a sample of it and I've never got past that first spray, what a repulsive smell.

Tinkletwat · 13/11/2019 16:04

Generally the people that seem to love her products get them for free... Plus according to Estee Laundry's Instagram stories she's a bully

amijustparanoidorjuststoned · 13/11/2019 16:13

I adore Charlotte Tilbury makeup generally - but her advertising is unbearably cringeworthy.

BadBear · 13/11/2019 16:19

The endless emails after placing an order! All cringeworthy!

Too expensive for the quality of the products and had to chase them for the refund. Never again.

TheFormidableMrsC · 13/11/2019 16:19

I am allergic to the Magic Cream. All her adverts are annoying.

Grumpelstilskin · 13/11/2019 16:21

I bought into the hype and got her foundation and under eye concealer. Dreadful stuff! I was due to go to an event away from home and it looked terrible. I had to get an emergency foundation at a nearby small store who just had Maybelline stock. It was a fraction of the cost and so much better!

Housewife2010 · 13/11/2019 21:55

I love the instant face palettes. - The Beauty Pie dupe is nowhere near as good. I love Pillow Talk lip liner too. I just hate her silly adverts.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.