Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To be fed up?

81 replies

Magazian · 13/11/2019 10:56

I've been reading this site since I was pregnant but I've just signed up.

Me and boyfriend are young parents. I'm 19 and he's just turned 17. We have been together for nearly 2 years.

I gave birth nearly 3 weeks ago. Boyfriend kept my pregnancy a secret from his family until I was 5 months.

He is helpful and visits me and son every other day. Yesterday he told me that his mum has told him that I have to go to hers for Christmas so other family members can see son (they live abroad).

I'm fed up with her as she's also been saying that I forced boyfriend into being a dad. And she's told him that he should get full custody of son because im unfit to be a mum.

What should I do? 😞

OP posts:
Spied · 13/11/2019 17:15

Why have lunch with his mum on a Sunday?
I certainly wouldn't.

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy · 13/11/2019 17:16

I think I'll spend some of the day with my family and then boyfriend can come round if he wants to. And then boxing day he can take son to see his family.

Good, that's a sensible, balanced approach. Sounds like she'd just be making digs at you on Christmas Day. Have a lovely day with your family instead.

Your son. Your call.

Magazian · 13/11/2019 17:38

We have dinner with his mum on a Sunday if she asks to see son.

OP posts:
cacklingmags · 13/11/2019 17:45

Go where you are most comfortable for Christmas and ignore all the bad mouthing on here. You are a young mum and you need all the support you can get.

Autumnfresh · 13/11/2019 17:51

You decide what happens in your life with your baby. Set boundaries now or you will forever be posting about mil. She’s upset and probably not over it but she is way down the list of important people in your life.

It great you let her see your son but ultimately you have to think of and take care of yourself.

Your last post sounded like you’d come to a good compromise. You sound like a good mum but getting a bit tougher will do you no harm. Very glad to hear you have good family support.

aHintOfPercy · 13/11/2019 18:06

How depressing to see women attacking a teenage girl for an unplanned pregnancy. It takes two to make a baby in case you didn't know. He was 16, she was 18 - hardly Mrs. Robinson, he's equally responsible. And his life isn't ruined, the person most affected is the mother! She's the one whose life choices are now severely restricted. OP your suggestion for xmas day and boxing day sounds very sensible. Don't let his mother bully you.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.