Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

bottle feeding help

3 replies

lynzpynz · 03/11/2018 21:34

I have a bit of an odd feeding problem and wondered if any other experienced parents had experienced similar / could help with some advice...

Have an 8 week old BF DD, shes been getting one formula bottle at night, BF rest of the time and ive been expressing (but chucking as we have had thrush issues and dont want to re-infect hence the formula). Now both all clear and wanting to ditch the formula bottle and return to an expressed bottle.

The problem is she now screams the place down and if she takes any she chokes (even when prefectly calm to begin with etc.) when we go near her with an expressed milk bottle... yet guzzles away happily at the formula! Both from same bottles so we dont think its to do with teat flow?

We’re at our wits end as to whats going on, and google just provides help for getting baby to take bottle in the first place so struggling to find constructive advice - does anyone have any tips / suggestions or experienced this? AIBU to keep persevering as really want to ditch the hassle of formula?

OP posts:
Bambamber · 03/11/2018 21:38

Could you possibly have high lipase? It alters the taste of the milk which some babies don't like. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the milk, just the taste changes. I have the same and it's most noticeable if the milk has been frozen

lynzpynz · 03/11/2018 21:47

@bambamber possibly, is that something a GP would be able to check do you know?

The BF milk has been in the fridge for 1-2 days (only just restarted expressing). She did take expressed from a bottle before the thrush issues of past 2/3 weeks (sorry I should have included that in original post not meaning to drip feed!).

OP posts:
Merryoldgoat · 03/11/2018 21:47

I was going to ask about high lipase too - sounds like a possibility.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.