AIBU to be annoyed with the new Superdrug/Batiste ads on this site
MrsGideon · 01/11/2018 11:00
Since when do four pictures of white women (three of whom have very similar hair) represent all hair types?! Where is the afro hair? Where is the Asian hair?
I've tried to ignore it but it's really pissing me off, and I am white!
MrsGideon · 01/11/2018 11:38
Thanks but that doesn't really solve the problem that in 2018 the needs of people of colour are still not being considered in product design and advertising
OhhEnnEmm · 01/11/2018 11:40
Almost as if you're looking for a problem where there is none. You should be one of them SJW's.
ghostsandghoulies · 01/11/2018 11:54
The beauty industry is rarely inclusive.
When there's a foundation advert that "matches 98% of UK skin tones" I can't help but wonder what the other 2% do.
Don't get me started on all of the serums and anti-ageing shit created to make women feel bad about that perfectly natural thing called ageing.
MrsGideon · 01/11/2018 12:09
OhhEnnEmm Oh I think the lack of inclusiveness in almost every industry in the UK is actually a pretty big problem, and I'll wager I'm probably not the only person to think that...
SlothSlothSloth · 01/11/2018 12:36
You will prob get flamed on here for being perceived to be petty but these seemingly minor things do matter IMO. Yes they’re just symptoms of a much bigger problem but they’re still worth commenting on. Brands should be aware of this stuff by now.
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.