Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to worry

5 replies

laura6032 · 29/10/2018 18:33

So had C section 2 weeks ago, still sore obviously. But I had stopped bleeding about 5/6 days ago but I have now started again, moderately heavy.
Is this normal? I will call Dr in morning, just not sure if I should be concerned?? It does coincide with stopping the anti coagulant injection so wondered if it could be that?? Ta in advance xxc

OP posts:
JosellaPlayton · 29/10/2018 18:56

Have you been considerably more active in the last day or so? It’s quite normal for bleeding to restart if you overdo it, think of it as your body telling you to rest. However, if you’re worried in anyway, the bleeding is heavy, you’re in pain (beyond the normal post section soreness), have a fever etc. then definitely do not hesitate to call your doctor.

EllenRipley · 29/10/2018 18:57

Hi OP, I would err on the side of caution, if only because you've had pretty major surgery! Could you call NHS 24? It's very possibly connected to stopping your injections which might be an issue in itself but it could also be other things like infection, retained placenta... I'm not a medical expert, I'm just know about those things from my own c section. Moderate bleeding could turn into heavy so I'd place a call just to be safe. I'm not saying any of this to panic you into action or because I think there's something terribly wrong! Just that having a baby is already a major thing for your body and I know from experience that a c section adds a whole new dimension to that. A degree of bleeding is normal for a while and yours might have been delayed but being cautious is the sensible thing to do after surgery. Hope all is ok, keep us posted x

laura6032 · 29/10/2018 19:12

I have been more active last few days and been out and about​ with pram, whereas before Friday I was at home and plenty rest.
I will call and get checked just in case though, thank you for your advice guys xx

OP posts:
userabcname · 29/10/2018 19:22

I know a couple of women who this happened to and it was because they were more active / over-did it. Definitely get checked but hopefully it's just that. Take it easy!

laura6032 · 29/10/2018 21:17

They did say to start slow, 5 mins walk and build it up, I went on bus into town, walked about bit shopping, so maybe I have overdone it a bit, I did start getting sore when out, and felt sore out today. But I'll definitely get check out tomorrow, thanks guys xx

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.