to cancel operation?
BendyBeard · 25/10/2018 08:50
I am due in for an op at 12pm today. Woke at 5am this morning and was sick once and had diarrhoea for a couple of hours.
I’m now fine and 95% sure it was something I ate rather than a contagious bug. It happens to me sometimes when I eat rich food.
I really don’t want to, but I feel that I should cancel my operation, just in case. But DH says to go ahead, it’s not a bug.
What do you think?
Haberpop · 25/10/2018 08:52
Cancel, I don't think they would perform a routine operation in these circumstances.
okeydokeygirl · 25/10/2018 08:52
Phone hospital and let them make the decision. Good luck.
OhDoGrowUp · 25/10/2018 08:53
Yes, phone hospital.
I thought I’d need to cancel my CS when I had a terrible cold. Phoned them and they said fine to come in.
It could just be nerves? If it’s only one bout of dodgy tummy. But best to check with them.
PipLongStockings · 25/10/2018 08:54
It's likely they'll ask you not to go in as d&v has a 48 hour policy to safeguard the staff and patients ( even if you think it's due to something you ate ) Hope you get it sorted
BendyBeard · 26/10/2018 09:50
Thanks all, just to update, I rang and explained, and the hosp said it sounded like nerves, and as long as there’d been no more sickness or fever to go in. Now recovering post-op and all is well! Thanks again
chickhonhoneybabe · 26/10/2018 10:15
It does sound like anxiety, do you suffer with IBS?
Hope the op goes well 🤞🏻
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.