Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

Calling all cleaners

10 replies

Feelinglostnow · 05/10/2018 12:08

If you're a cleaner, how do you get your clients? Where do you go and what do you do? I'm struggling to get clients, just started the business a week ago and advertised online but no luck. Feeling abit low tbh Sad

OP posts:
stellabird · 05/10/2018 12:11

I'd suggest having some cards or flyers made. Walk around and drop them in the letter boxes in your selected neighborhood . I personally find this more useful than advertising online.

Biber · 05/10/2018 12:13

You could try local FB groups. People ask for recommendations and sell their services in such places.

For cheap printing - see www.solopress.com/flyers-leaflets/

ThisIsTheNational · 05/10/2018 12:14

Our local Nextdoor page always has people looking for cleaners. It doesn’t take long to sign up.

Aprilislonggone · 05/10/2018 12:17

Have you joined Care.com? Join for free, though does push for you to do the paying option, not as much access to potential customers but you can send your profile for free and receive messages from 'free' registered people. I have had loads of work from there. Every job ask for a written reference / ask would they email you one to new customers? I have too much work on atm, make your profile stand out +add a photo!! Good luck.

smallchanceofrain · 05/10/2018 12:17

I'm having the opposite problem. I'm tying to find a cleaner for my elderly parents and I'm having no luck at all. Please let me know if you have any tips about where I can find them advertising! I've tried local notice boards outside shops, post office, local paper and an internet search. There's nothing coming up in our area except Molly Maid.

Flyers or cards through letter boxes sounds like a good idea. I would be straight on the phone if I found one of those on the doormat.

Dontgiveamonkeys1350 · 05/10/2018 12:22

I get my from local Facebook sites.

AuntBeastie · 05/10/2018 12:23

I found mine through a Facebook search - do you have a page for your business? If so you should include your location in the page name (e.g. ‘cleaner based in X town’).

I would also put your details on notice boards in supermarkets, community centres, church halls etc. Agree with PP’s suggestion about flyers.

Once you have a couple of clients word of mouth will help too!

Feelinglostnow · 05/10/2018 12:43

@Aprilislonggone are you a cleaner too?

OP posts:
Aprilislonggone · 05/10/2018 12:58

Yes!! Had some of my customers for 6 years +. Also clean a boat in the summer for air B&B!!

salterello · 05/10/2018 16:20

You could put post cards advertising yourself up in the local supermakets and dental and doctor surgeries? I know it sounds old fashioned, but quite a few people still look at the notice boards

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.