My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

AIBU to be driving myself mad wondering if I have pg symptoms when there's still a week to go before AF is due?

7 replies

PollyCazaletWannabe · 27/07/2017 10:29

Some of you may remember me from earlier this year when I got a lot of support in here after I suffered a missed miscarriage in January and another miscarriage in May. We were advised by the docs to stop trying while they did tests (I live abroad and am lucky enough to have private Healthcare- I know I wouldn't get all this in the UK on the NHS!) We used condoms for two months but this month the tests all came back clear and we were told we could try again :)

Anyway so my fertile window was between 19th- 24th and during that time we DTD three times. Would have been more but DH was ill unfortunately. For a couple of days now I've noticed that my nipples are sore and enlarged, also that those little bumps that come up during pregnancy seem to be more noticeable. But the problem is that I don't know if I'm just imagining this because I'm so desperate to be pg! Is it even possible to have symptoms this early? Please either tell me that it is, or slap me round the face!

OP posts:
Elphame · 27/07/2017 10:54

Well I knew I was pregnant a week before I was "due" when I was crossing the kitchen and a huge wave of nausea hit. It only lasted a matter of seconds but at the point I knew. And I was right. I suffer badly from nausea in pregnancy and the feeling was just so familiar.

PollyCazaletWannabe · 27/07/2017 11:14

Thanks Elphame :) my problem is that I have never managed to get far with pregnancy, so I never experienced many symptoms :( but the nipples growing and getting more prominent was one of my first signs.

OP posts:
Elphame · 27/07/2017 11:22

Good luck - fingers crossed for you

user1andonly · 27/07/2017 11:31

I had symptoms very early on (4 days after conception!) with all of mine BUT there were also plenty of times when ttc that I imagined symptoms because I wanted them to be there so badly. Also a couple of times that I am sure I had very, very early misses because the symptoms were definitely there but faded away after a few days.

Flowers fingers crossed

wornoutboots · 27/07/2017 11:38

early pregnancy symtoms can also very similar to premenstrual symptoms, you just don't really notice unless you're looking (not true for everyone, but it's true for a lot)

don't count your chickens yet.

(and poas in a few days when hormones will have had a bit more time to build if you are)

PollyCazaletWannabe · 27/07/2017 12:48

Thanks :) I know I shouldn't count any chickens yet but it's so difficult not to symptom-spot :(

OP posts:
PollyCazaletWannabe · 27/07/2017 16:11

Bumping for the afternoon /evening crowd

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.