Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

One chin hair

97 replies

MrsBakedBean · 19/07/2017 09:07

Having being inspired by all the answers to the nasal hair thread (I don't suffer from those) I'd be so happy if you can give me advice.

I have one solitary hair growing out of my chin. I pluck the other bastard ones that appear at the side of my mouth so I know how coarse they can grow back in at.

How would you deal with this one?

OP posts:
araiwa · 19/07/2017 09:17

Set fire to it? Use a shotgun?

Or maybe do the same as with other facial hair yiu have and pluck it??

gamerchick · 19/07/2017 09:18

Pluck it it'll turn into twenty soon enough.

WitchSharkadder · 19/07/2017 09:19

Watching because I also have one, lone chin hair.

Maybe we could start a club BakedBean.

mortificado · 19/07/2017 09:20

Nair facial sensitive removal cream is good! Comes in a tiny bottle with a brush.
Failing that, burn it Grin

Charming1234 · 19/07/2017 09:24

I have 1 thick black hair that grows at the side of my mouth its horrible i pluck it as soon as its long enough and its so thick it leaves a little hole! And then grows back in exactly the same place!

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle · 19/07/2017 09:38

Ah....my hairy people......at last I have found thee! Grin

I get one, really thick black hair that grows out of my chin.

It seems to fucking sprout overnight as well, one day it's not there, the next morning there'll be a massive inch long fucker cheerily waving at me in the mirror.

Kill it with fire!

(I pluck it out and then spend the next 5 minutes examining it in wonder)

StoatPatronus · 19/07/2017 09:47

I have a lone chin hair too! DP calls it my goat beard.

justilou · 19/07/2017 09:52

I have one on my chin, one between my jaw and my ear (so I can't even see that fucker) and one right in the centre of my neck. I LOATHE them. As well as that, my "peach fuzz" is starting to more closely resemble cat fur. Fucking perimenopause.

MrsBakedBean · 19/07/2017 10:13

OK, so that Nair facial cream sounds my favourite suggestion so far. I had NO idea there was such a thing.

OP posts:
QuimReaper · 19/07/2017 10:15

I didn't know that about plucking - explains why my one chin hair is now a small collection Confused

I also have one hair on my chest, and it's also a miracle hair which sprouts from non-existent to an inch long in one second flat when you're not looking. It's very long and right on my sternum. Harumph.

QuimReaper · 19/07/2017 10:16

How does it work? The plucking thing I mean?

I find the ones on my upper lip too sore to pluck so I've always Immacced those (or whatever the cream's called). I should probably do the same on my chin to avoid further damage.

crumbsinthecutlerydrawer · 19/07/2017 10:19

Quimreaper I have that same chest hair that appears from nowhere, thankfully it's quite fine.

I have a similar solitary hair that appears in the middle of my forehead if I'm not paying attention.

Winterc00kie · 19/07/2017 10:25

Ah the one chain hair! I've nick-named mine Hairriet. She's not reared her ugly head for a whilebut she appears out of no where at a good 3cm! my tweezers are my allience.

StickThatInYourPipe · 19/07/2017 10:28

(I love plucking mine) Blush

Lucisky · 19/07/2017 10:39

Ah, it starts with one. I found my first in my thirties, now I am in my sixties I would have a bloody beard if I didn't deal with them all.
How we used to laugh (covertly) at our hairy granny when we were kids. I must have got her genes.
I also have very long fine hairs that grow very quickly in random places. One over my eyebrow; I only noticed it when it was poking in my eye. That's the other thing about getting older, poorer eyesight so you can't see the damn things (and not caring overmuch what people think anymore).

ChuffMuffin · 19/07/2017 10:40

Permanent removal - electrolysis. A lot of electrolygists charge by the minute, probably a couple of quid for one hair (I bet it's not one hair, I bet it's several in the same area, they usually are!). Not that painful. You'd have to go every week for a good few weeks but it'd be so worth it.

Non permanent option - wax or epilator. I find if I try and tweeze mine, they're so well anchored they just snap at the surface and then I get ingrown hairs.

PrimalLass · 19/07/2017 10:41

I'm considering facial threading. I imagine it is v sore though.

Cleanermaidcook · 19/07/2017 11:04

I have one of those Verbina. It's good but i find it doesn't remove them all i'm sprouting a beard I use nair cream but have to do it every 3-4 days and i find after about a day it feels stubbly. Luckily they're light coloured so not too noticeable although my ds remarked the other week that he didn't know ladies could grow beards!!

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 · 19/07/2017 11:08

I quite like playing with mine!
My friend once went to a (really shit) beautician who suggested absolutely no plucking, but trimming the one chin hair with scissors, then covering the stubble with 'a blob of foundation'. Hmm

ShotsFired · 19/07/2017 11:10

I too have the lone hair. What amazes me the most is how bloody long it is under the skin!

It can be barely noticeable above ground, but when I very satisfactorily tweezer it out, there's about half a centimetre of hair! (not ingrown, just deep roots!)

ShotsFired · 19/07/2017 11:12

Oh, does anyone else get the very long but extremely fine, almost transparent, hairs on their neck or cheek too?

I am very dark haired so it always looks like a stray landed on me, but when I pull it, it's attached! And usually a good 3" long too! (guess it grew without me noticing as so fine)

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 · 19/07/2017 11:13

(I'm also quite fond of the sparse little wreaths around my areolas)

JungleInTheRumble · 19/07/2017 11:17

I have a lone chin hair. I pluck it when it appears. It seems to not have made an appearance for a while though. I'm lucky my hairs are super light so it's not really visible.

I also have a random hair just below my belly button. Weirdly my twin sister has one in just the same place! I'll sometimes wax it but normally I leave it because I feel connected to my twin through it. Maybe that's a bit creepy.

mummabubs · 19/07/2017 11:23

@LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Oh my good god I could literally have written your post. It made me laugh so much, thanks for bringing some joy to my single-chin-haired life! 😂

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.