My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

in thinking people need to start taking a bit of pride in where they live if they don't want to live in a rubbish covered shithole and pick up after themselves ??

10 replies

SkintAsASkintThing · 18/07/2017 20:36

Huge outcry in our local paper as my tiwn pretty much looks like the end of an apocalypse, weeds are cracking the pavements, bags of rubbish are strewn everywhere, food debris etc and so on. It really is disgusting.

We've had our bins shrunk to 1 much smaller one and one huge recycling bin, people don't bother to recycle, try and force a weeks worth of rubbish into the small bin which won't fit and various rats, seagulls and cats are having a field day.

Which is a problem........an even bigger problem is those who are able not just getting off their arses and cleaning it up. Well some do........i've just cracked and bagged up my neighbours shitty nappies and sanitary towels which have been littering our front street since yesterday. I've seen her walk past them at least twice (( whilst inwardly ranting to myself ))

WTF is wrong with people ?? Do they really not give a shit anymore ?? Have we all become so reliant we try and solve a problem by ranting about it on the.internet instead of sorting it out ??

It has to be said this issue is far, far worse in the cheaper areas. (( where I live )) people just don't seem to care that we're living in absolute filth. πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜ πŸ˜‘

OP posts:
SkintAsASkintThing · 18/07/2017 22:48

Pfffftttt, i'm clearly the lone, outraged from Tunbridge wells πŸ˜‘

OP posts:
originalbiglymavis · 18/07/2017 22:51

Dog poo... People spitting on the ground...

People suck, they really do.

RainbowPastel · 18/07/2017 23:01

I hate litter. The night before bin day I pick up all the litter by our houses. We have a litter bin but people drop litter by it but not in it.

Tapandgo · 18/07/2017 23:10

Yes - some areas are grimmer than others and once the slip starts others seem to join in the 'couldn't care less' attitude.
LA cutbacks don't help either - no investment in environmental improvement and insufficient inforcement.
As for the shrunken bin collections....
In the main it is down to individuals not to want to live like pigs. If more people were as community minded as you there would not be a problem

Akire · 18/07/2017 23:14

I live in social housing flats, so 10 to a floor only we can access et people will stop drop crisps packets etc in our landing. If it's a child surely you pick up after them. It's just totally baffling that adult would be happy walking over their rubbish everyday for weeks.

Lucked · 18/07/2017 23:17

So sorry you community is like that, people are very considerate round here and a group of volunteers keep the town spick and span. I appreciate it daily.

SkintAsASkintThing · 18/07/2017 23:37

It's literally ankle deep in some parts, usually on bin day. They rant and rave about it but don't actually DO anything. .......The council just blame the cuts, to hell with the fact that rats are being spotted in broad daylight 😬

OP posts:
Tapandgo · 18/07/2017 23:47

Contact local paper - they will take pics and highlight the problem. Speedy response from LA and environmental health most likely will follow

SkintAsASkintThing · 18/07/2017 23:51

The paper have been onto it for weeks, no difference as of yet. We've been cut back to a four day service and pretty much all the litter pickers who used to walk round have been laid off........I really do think people being responsible for themselves and targetting those who arent is the way forward

OP posts:
LiveLifeWithPassion · 18/07/2017 23:56

Op that sounds horrible. I was shocked the other day when the car in front of me rolled down its window and just chucked fast food wrappers and drink cartons out into the road.
Some people just have that mentality. I don't know how you can change it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.