Mumsnet Logo
My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To not want DP poking his head round whilst I'm on the loo?

14 replies

PayingForItNowAy · 10/07/2017 18:33

He always does this. I don't see a reason to lock the door as I'm not against him coming in if he needs something/it's something important. But maybe I do need a lock.

He's always popping his head round to say "Hello darling, you look so beautiful" or "Hi! Grin How are you?" Angry

He's very sweet but I feel incredibly irritated now. He won't stop, even though I have said I'd rather him not come in whilst I'm on the loo.

This lasts for all of a week before he starts doing the same thing. Or he will only come in to get something but then get sidetracked and start asking me how my day has been.

AIBU to get very cross next time/fix a lock?

Comparable to this is him looking at wedding related things for the wedding and wanting me to look and aww with him Confused

OP posts:

NellieFiveBellies · 10/07/2017 18:35

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyheartbelongstoG · 10/07/2017 18:36

Lock the door.

Shortest thread ever.

Tofutti · 10/07/2017 18:37

But maybe I do need a lock.

Ya think?

PayingForItNowAy · 10/07/2017 18:41

Even if I had a lock, he'd probably still stand outside at some point to make conversation

OP posts:

NellieFiveBellies · 10/07/2017 18:43

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ijustwannadance · 10/07/2017 18:46

Then you say, " fuck off, i'm having a shit"

I don't understand how so many people on MN don't lock the bloody door, or why anyone would want to go in the bathroom whilst someone else on on the toilet.

Aquamarine1029 · 10/07/2017 18:48

Honestly, it's time for some very clear language. Tell him that unless the house is on fire, leave you the fuck alone when you're in the bathroom. He's being incredibly rude and obnoxious. And get that lock.

Justhadmyhaircut · 10/07/2017 18:48

If he can't let you have a poo in peace he has serious attachment issues that need sorting before you marry him!!

Tofutti · 10/07/2017 18:50

Then you just ignore him. It's really not that difficult.

Naicehamshop · 10/07/2017 18:50

He's always telling you you look beautiful while you are sitting on the loo having a shit...what the actual fuck??!

Onhold · 10/07/2017 18:51

He would drive me mad. Tell him to pack it in.

Girliefriendlikesflowers · 10/07/2017 18:53

Lock the friggin door!!! If he still stands outside annoying you tell him to fuck off, boundaries.

Rainbunny · 10/07/2017 19:04

My inlaws don't have locks on their bathroom doors (lots of young DGCs running around) but each bathroom has a door stop/jam thing if anyone feels the need to use it. Cheap and effective!

To not want DP poking his head round whilst I'm on the loo?

RortyCrankle · 10/07/2017 19:37

Lock the door and ignore any mumblings from him outside. If that doesn't work, tell him to fuck off. He's irritating I don't know about sweet.

Honestly, just tell him - STOP

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?