My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To be quite happy where I am, thank you!

4 replies

EmmaBridgewatermug · 20/06/2017 22:43

Been working for the same employer and in the same role for 23 years. Quite happy, like my reduced hours, like my very short commute to work, like the fact I clock out on time every day, no responsibility, no stress, works great around my children who are now teens. Suits me fine.
My manager is 10 years younger than me and is keen to go up the employment ladder, no kids. Is now peeved at the fact I'm not interested in taking on her role if and when she gets promoted (only and matter of time) I'm genuinely not interested and feel I earn tidy money for what I do and quite frankly there's more to life than work.
I'm being made (under the radar) to feel a bit shit for not wanting the job. Anyein else not ambitious? AIBU?

OP posts:
SquinkiesRule · 20/06/2017 22:46

No I'm not.
I am part time, I like my job, and have no interest in taking on any more responsibility thank you.

FakePlasticTeaLeaves · 20/06/2017 22:48

Good for you. You are not being unreasonable in the slightest. A good life is one that is lived close to your values and surrounds what is important to you. If career advance isn't important to, why should you want to do it? You sound like you have a lovely set up as it is. Don't let her make you feel bad.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface · 20/06/2017 22:52

I'm the same.

I do love my job but I work to pay bills. That's all.

Queenofthedrivensnow · 20/06/2017 23:48

Yanbu. In my line of work the next grade is team manager. No thanks!!! I love the ground work of my job and cash wise it's fine. I don't live to work!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.