Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To wonder if anyone has a nice manager?

83 replies

malificent7 · 16/06/2017 22:07

Aibu to think that there id s gertsin 'type' who thrives in management.

Ive had many managers who have dubious characteristics... intimidating stares and confrontational , patronising, victimisation. There havw been the odd nice manager.

Does anyone have a genuinely lovely manager? Xx

OP posts:
MulderitsmeX · 16/06/2017 23:28

Posted too soon! She's been super supportive after I had traumatic MC and is super helpful with facilitating time to go to medical appointments

IamHereButAreYouThere · 16/06/2017 23:28

I've had two lovely managers in my time at work. I've had some terrible ones as well. My nicest manager was at my first job and I'm still in touch with her many years later.

skyzumarubble · 16/06/2017 23:29

Well, I'm awesome but that's because I've got a great manager ahead of me and I've learnt from her.

GrandDesespoir · 17/06/2017 08:58

No, mine's a back-stabbing (and indeed front-stabbing) bitch and her predecessor was a back-stabbing, incompetent fool who tried it on and then claimed he hadn't.

Ginmakesitallok · 17/06/2017 09:01

My last one was lovely - just moved and haven't quite sussed out new one yet , but she seems ok. I manage a supervisor - who is useless. All her staff hate her - she's retiring soon thank fuck

cherrypopsicle · 17/06/2017 09:04

I have! She's absolutely lovely. And I like to think I am a nice manager too. I've had people asking to move to my team and everything. I'll just polish my halo over here...

TSSDNCOP · 17/06/2017 09:05

Mine is. I love her.

The80sweregreat · 17/06/2017 09:06

Mine has her funny ways but is mostly fair - i dont see her much and i dont work there for many hours, so that helps.
My dh has an awful manager, i ve never met him but he is a bully.
luckily my dh can handle it and isnt intimidated by him.
I feel for people with really horrible ones, can make life a misery.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.