My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AIBU?

To think that if Leave voters were honest they'd realise leaving the EU isn't going to answer all their prayers

9 replies

Bearbehind · 10/06/2017 22:49

The recent election wasn't just about Brexit but the result clarifies it is pretty clear the appetite for a Hard Brexit is limited.

If those who voted Leave acknowledged that it is our own government who need to step up, and leaving the Eu is entirely inconsequential, then maybe life would get a bit easier.

OP posts:
SuperBeagle · 10/06/2017 22:52

But they're not going to acknowledge something just because you think they ought to. Leave voters, for whatever reason, think that leaving is entirely consequential. You can't shit on that just because you don't agree with it.

Bearbehind · 10/06/2017 22:54

I can shit on it until someone proves I'm wrong.

OP posts:
MissionItsPossible · 10/06/2017 22:55

How goady. Yes our government needs to step up and hopefully this has been a slap in the face for all parties that they can't rely on predictability but to say leaving the EU is inconsequential is just ridiculous. It is of huge importance., that's why so many voted in the referendum vote

BeBeatrix · 10/06/2017 22:55

leaving the Eu is entirely inconsequential
I'd be surprised if many people agree with you on this - whether Leavers or Remainers.

leaving the EU isn't going to answer all their prayers
I suspect it's only a small minority of Leavers who think this. Most, presumably, simply thought "better out than in" rather than "out fixes everything".

Bearbehind · 10/06/2017 22:58

I meant 'inconsequential' in terms of resolving the affects of austerity, disenfranchisement etc.

It's masssively consequential in terms of the fact we'll all be completely fucked over by leaving the EU.

OP posts:
MissionItsPossible · 10/06/2017 23:01

Oh god, STFU and stop being so condescending. You act like a country can't exist without the blessing of the behemoth demigod that is the EU despite the majority of the world not being involved in it.

Ravenblack · 10/06/2017 23:03
Biscuit
2rebecca · 10/06/2017 23:06

Yawn, not again. What happened to the EU referendum section for people who enjoy circular arguments?

SuperBeagle · 10/06/2017 23:18

Why the fuck does anyone have to "prove" anything to you?

You had your vote, others had theirs. Deal with it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.