Mumsnet Logo
My feed

to access all these features


To wonder how to go about picking up the pieces?

3 replies

crepeyneck · 29/08/2015 14:21

STBXH left for another woman. He pays maintenance for the children but left me on a tiny salary struggling to pay the mortgage every month. Mortgage was based on his salary as he is a high earner. Absolutely distraught.

OP posts:

ImperialBlether · 29/08/2015 14:23

Did you get a solicitor involved? That should all have been sorted before the divorce.

Maybe you simply can't afford to keep the house on your own? I know it's hard, but is there property nearby which you could afford, if you got a deposit from the house you're in now?


laffymeal · 29/08/2015 14:24

No advice but want to wish you well. There will be people on here who will help you though.Flowers


chairmeoh · 29/08/2015 14:27

Surely his name is still on the mortgage?
Get a solicitors advice, but let STBXH know that you cannot afford the mortgage repayments and he needs to consider what effect it will have on him if you default.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Sign up to continue reading

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?