My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

dairy allergy?

1 reply

iklefred · 02/04/2009 16:39

Hi my 1yr old daughter has has stomach problems since the day she was born. Its very rare that she isn't sick but its always been put down to stomach bugs. I breastfed for the first few weeks then had to stop, I've been using formula milk eversince. When she was sick again this week I did as I have always done and fed little and often as the doctors advised me, this didn't seem to help so I put her on a dry food diet with toast and rich tea biscuits within days she was back to her lively self but as soon as I gave her any dairy products she was sick immediatly after.
Is there something wrong or am I just being paranoid? If she does have an allergy how do I get it diagnosed?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

OP posts:
simpson · 02/04/2009 18:22

I think you need to go back to GP to get referred to a pead TBH.

My DD (14mths) is severely intolerant to dairy and soya so has been prescribed neocate from the hospital to drink....

You could also try keeping a food diary as you may find your LO may react to milk but not yogurt/cheese etc...

Good luck!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.