Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Aptamil pepti

Mum23girlies · 10/06/2022 13:51

Hi my baby has been given aptamil pepti for CMPA ? She started having one loose bowel movement a day at 8 weeks old after formula change so one doctor said cow milk allergy. She has been on aptamil pepti for 5 days and her symptoms have gotten worse she now poops more than once and the are still loose, she cries when feeding and has started spitting up after every feed, she has also developed a rash since being on the new milk . Spoke to a out of hours doctor who said she sounds like she doesn’t have an allergy and if she does it’s very mild and to put her back on regular formula just try a different one. Don’t know what to do she is more unhappy and in pain on the aptamil pepti.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Samantha1606 · 12/06/2022 08:01

Have you had any luck? I’m struggling with my little boy too! We’ve been trying for a week to wean him into the aptamil but he’s still refusing and only taking 60ml a feed but the health visitor isn’t concerned as he’s still gaining weight even though he’s not drinking enough! It’s very stressful he’s been struggling for over a month now and don’t know what to do! He used to have 600-800 mls a day and now only getting 400-500!

Please
or

Mum23girlies · 12/06/2022 08:48

I have changed her to hipp organic yesterday cause I’m not convinced it is cmpa, I can already see a difference she is not spitting up and back to drinking 6 oz and her poop already started to firm up a bit. Fingers crossed it stays this way

OP's posts:
Please
or

Samantha1606 · 12/06/2022 10:17

Wow that’s really good! The most we’ve drank is up to 5 ounces. He’s managed a couple of 4 ounce bottles but then he’ll stop drinking. Usually we’re on kendamil so I’m tempted to try him without the Pepti and see if he’ll take it. We’ve always had reflux though so I don’t think that will change I just want him to stop refusing his bottles as I know he’s hungry!

Please
or

Mum23girlies · 12/06/2022 12:22

Ohh bless him how old is he? What symptoms did he have to go on pepti. My baby has reflux but it doesn’t really make her sick she just burps a lot and pulls faces

OP's posts:
Please
or

Samantha1606 · 12/06/2022 14:22

He’s 11 weeks! He just screams during his feeds, had some loose stools with mucous, reflux and bringing up milk, refusing feeds and constantly arching his back and pulling away. He has struggled a few times to get his wind up but we’ve tried it all - infacol, dentinox, gripe water and we’ve had gaviscon and omeprazole for his reflux but nothing helps! The GP refused prescription milk at first but the HV pushed so that’s how we’re on it but he just won’t take it and all we want him to do is eat.

Please
or

Mum23girlies · 12/06/2022 14:28

Aww it’s so hard, hopefully he will grow used to the taste, has the change helped his symptoms. It didn’t nothing at all for my daughter just gave her more symptoms and made her worse

OP's posts:
Please
or

Samantha1606 · 12/06/2022 17:59

His stools aren’t mucousy anymore that might have been a one off but otherwise still the same and that’s mixed 3:1 Pepti to Kendamil. I’ve tried him with a full bottle of kendamil again and he’s finished it with minimal fuss so I might just go back to it and see how he gets on

Please
or

Mum23girlies · 12/06/2022 18:01

thats what I did because I was convinced it wasn’t cmpa because she was fine on the normal aptamil before the ingredient change. Fingers crossed for you

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.