My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Allergies and intolerances

Wholegrain chocolately stars

8 replies

onadietcokebreak · 31/10/2010 19:27

My DS had a bad allergic reaction within an hour of eating this cereal.

He has eaten Wheetos Meteors recently.

They are made by the same company and the only different ingredients is Vitamin D.

No allergic reaction before.

Can anyone advise what I do now. Doctor wasnt overly concerned but I am! Thanks

OP posts:
topiarygal · 31/10/2010 20:42

Oh no - nightmare - what happened - what sort of reaction?

onadietcokebreak · 31/10/2010 20:45

Red blotchy rash- almost blisterly. Spread quite quickly.

Piriton prescribed by Docs.

OP posts:
MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing · 31/10/2010 20:48

Was it just on his face?? DS gets that - ketchup is a cuase and alot outside in the summer so think its airbourne pollen?? Puriton does usually help. I have oilatum and double base prescibed too as his facial skin gets very dry.

Hope all works out for you.

onadietcokebreak · 31/10/2010 21:09

It was everywhere- face was the last bit to be affected.

Probably acellerated by the warm bath he had afterwards.

He has been sleepy and hot today.

MumBar- How awful about the Ketchup.

OP posts:
MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing · 31/10/2010 21:17

ketchup Hmm hate the stuff, can't bare to touch it Grin could have been worse he could have been allergic to something I love - pepsi or chocolate Grin

It is a wierd allergy thing DS has, OK for ages then suddenly his face is covered and it will not go.

Almost a year since last ketchup reaction so he can try it again, not heinz tho as that is the one he's always reacted to before.

Does your DC have confirmed allergies to anything??

onadietcokebreak · 31/10/2010 21:21

My DS loves Ketchup! Strict rationing in this house of it!

No known allergies before now and he has ate almost identical cereal recently.

Its so bizarre.

Bit worried about him being sleepy. He is at his dads tonight. Wish he was with me.

OP posts:
MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing · 31/10/2010 21:29

Sleepy will be the puriton/ chlorephenamine.

If you are concerned ask for a referral. I got ne because DS had had mild skin reactions to ketchup before so I had cut it out for 2 years. He has had random hives attacks inbetween but I just used puriton.

It was the hives, swollen eyes and him clutching his throat that made me see GP. That was Feb this year. Not allergic to tomato or peanuts so consultant thinks maybe something else in ketchup or has tomato tolerance level. Someone also suggested as it was heinz ketchup everytime that its the celery. Altho I'm presuming that he's has celery in other foods??

Just typing the above to show you that sometimes it can be something so simple, or just a certain way a food is made.

Had DS been outside, touched something new around the time, a bit before he had the cereal?? It may just be coincedence it came up after he ate that.??

MumBarTheDoorZombiesAreComing · 31/10/2010 21:31

Sorry just read the sleepy/ hot bit??

Could it be a viral rash???

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.