My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Anyone know an app for collecting money

7 replies

broomers · 06/07/2023 09:27

DD is about to finish Year 1 and I have suggested that we all Club together to get the teacher a decent present rather than 30 boxes of chocolates, everyone seems keen but wondering if others have done this and could recommend an app that everyone could contribute to the kitty.
I don't see the parents often due to work and don't want to deal with cash or sending my bank account details round. Also don't want any struggling parents to feel pressure to contribute a set amount so an app that people could donate on would be great.

OP posts:
BertieBotts · 06/07/2023 09:28

Do you have PayPal? You can set something like this up on there. I wouldn't want to download a new app and register with it just to donate. Most people have PayPal already.

BertieBotts · 06/07/2023 09:29

Suggest something low like £1, that way anyone struggling won't feel obliged to contribute more and anyone who wants to contribute more can. £30-40 is a decent amount for a class gift.

bryceQ · 06/07/2023 09:31
LoobyDop · 06/07/2023 09:58

I’ve used Collectiv, it’s very straightforward and easy to manage.

broomers · 06/07/2023 10:08

Thanks for the recommendations I'll try collectiv

OP posts:
thecrispfiend · 06/07/2023 10:26

We use Collectiv for class collections it's great! Just watch out as it automatically adds on a £2 "tip" which goes to Collectiv when people are donating so tell them to remember to take this off

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.