Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Chat

Shaking off some anxiety

4 replies

Noworrieshun · 04/06/2023 07:29

Tomorrow I start a new job and I am incredibly anxious about it. I'm going to bake today as I hope bringing in some cake will help make a good impression!

What would you do today to both relax and keep your mind off the anxiety?

DP is on toddler duty first thing as I nurse a rare hangover after some celebratory drinks last night so I don't want to do anything too strenuous today.

OP posts:
Stickmansmum · 04/06/2023 07:31

You are probably anxious from the hangover!!

Anyone who would bring a cake in on their first day is my kinda colleague😂 You’ll do great OP. Your new workplace is lucky to have you.

maslinpan · 04/06/2023 07:59

I would avoid bringing in cake the very first day of a new job. Try to get a feel for the workplace first, maybe do it on your first Friday? If you find that all your colleagues are on diets it could be a little bit awkward, for example.

Teabab · 04/06/2023 08:03

maslinpan · 04/06/2023 07:59

I would avoid bringing in cake the very first day of a new job. Try to get a feel for the workplace first, maybe do it on your first Friday? If you find that all your colleagues are on diets it could be a little bit awkward, for example.

No one will be obliged to it though, if they simply cannot resist then its not OPs fault. Its a lovely gesture, thankfully in real life most people don't over analyse or think of everything with a critical eye.

Noworrieshun · 04/06/2023 12:17

Looks like there's no need to worry either way now as my 2 year old has sabotaged my muffins by whacking the oven temp up half way through baking. Burnt on top and raw in the middle. May still do some cookies this afternoon if I'm up to it!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.