Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Ways to make money

Theblackdogagain · 23/09/2022 18:50

So my husband has had to give up work to look after our disabled son, we thought it would be temporary but we're 6 months in and he still can't work. I work FT in a salary job.
What can we do to make money? I don't understand matched betting so not keen on that, I'm trying to sell stuff to make money. I'm already doing surveys and scanning my shopping fir vouchers.
What else can I do around work? DH is so tired and beaten down I don't want to stress him more than he is.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ofwarren · 23/09/2022 19:00

Are you claiming all you are entitled to? DLA/PIP, carers allowance, universal credit?
You can check on entitledto.co.uk

Please
or

Theblackdogagain · 23/09/2022 19:02

Yes my son gets DLP but we don't get carers allowance as we have savings and I'm trying to avoid using them as we need to do major works to the house to get it disabled friendly.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LiftyLift · 23/09/2022 19:05

Is DH looking at every job, not just ones he wants to do?

Please
or

LiftyLift · 23/09/2022 19:06

Sorry, I didn’t read properly the first time. Could he do evening or weekend work or similar when you’re home?

Please
or

waffleyversatile1 · 23/09/2022 19:11

Hi op. Even if you own your home you may be entitled to a grant for adaptions from your local authority. Look into it. I wish you all the best.X

Please
or

waffleyversatile1 · 23/09/2022 19:13

If you have any services involved with your DC they may be able to advise x

Please
or

Itsanothergrunt · 23/09/2022 19:14

Not what your asking but could you apply for a disability grant from the council for the house adaptions? Apply ASAP as there is often a long waiting list (took me two years but it was/is life changing that was for the adult grant).
www.gov.uk/apply-disabled-facilities-grant

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?