Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Apparently my DS is suicidal (don't worry it's not what it seems!)

inheritancetrack · 23/01/2022 10:31

Last night there was a knock on the door and a policewoman was there. She tells me they have had a call from police in America telling them a boy called (insert DS's name) has threatened suicide in an email and he was 17. When I finish mentally freaking out, I tell her DS is 13, asleep in bed and under no circumstance could have sent an email as he is severely disabled, no access to email, can only communicate with an eye gaze and email is not set up on it. She had a peep in at him to ensure all was in order. Advised me to change my email.

Apparently they linked my email address with one I set up for him simply to install software onto his surface Pro. I know from an internet search this particular email (mine) is on the dark web and can only assume they tracked to his and found his name.

I'll also post this in Techy advice but here for traffic, as I need advice on how to rid myself of this email and if there are any other implications. For info I have about 3 pages of accounts linked to this email and can't find an option (like on Facebook) to change the email, only to change the password.

I did change the yahoo password as soon as I saw it was findable but that obviously didn't help.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Caughtavibe · 23/01/2022 12:18

Wow! Incredible some bored person in the states can waste our police resources. Of course, had it been true, it’s marvellous that the police would pop round and do a welfare check.

No clue how to help. Just bumping so someone more knowledgeable sees.

I saw this last night & will be doing it from now on. I wish I was more tech savvy in the first place to prevent any problems. It’s a minefield.

Good luck.🤞🏻

Apparently my DS is suicidal (don't worry it's not what it seems!)
Please
or

inheritancetrack · 23/01/2022 13:01

@Caughtavibe I'm going to delete a lot of accounts and when I re sign I'll do this. can't hurt.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.