Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Suitable car for 2 car seats?

YerDaSellsTheAvon · 19/01/2022 20:23

Evening All,

We have a 19 month old and are due our second baby in March. Our current car is coming to the end of the lease and we're not sure what to replace it with. We currently pay just shy of £200 a month for the car and aren't looking to go much/anything over that.

Not looking for any bells and whistles, just a reliable car that'll get us from A to B. We currently only do around 4000 miles a year, mainly city driving. The only 'must haves' are enough room for 2 bulky car seats (Joie 360 Spin) and enough boot space for a decent sized buggy as well as a few shopping bags.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received!

TIA.

OP's posts:
Please
or

reluctantbrit · 19/01/2022 20:31

No idea what it would mean for leasing costs but we had a Astra Estate and now a Passat Estate with no issues getting two car seats in.

An estate also means so issue going on holiday, shopping, buggy and anything else.

Neighbours have a Skoda Octavia estate, also two car seats and in a way very similar to a Golf/Passat estate

Please
or

Soontobe60 · 19/01/2022 20:34

I’ve got a T Roc, 2 Joie spin seats in for the grandchildren. You need to be aware that leasing deals are far higher now, and it’s really difficult to get a new car at short notice. My DH’s lease was up in October, he ordered his new car last May, and picked it up last week!!! One is up in April and I want another T Roc. I can’t even order one at the moment as VW haven’t got any.

Please
or

RebeccaCloud9 · 19/01/2022 20:38

I love my Punto. Loads of interior room and fitted our huge buggy in the boot. But still smaller re parking and fuel consumption!

Please
or

Caspianberg · 19/01/2022 20:42

Yes we ordered ours (vw) last June, it’s been delayed 3 times and still no sign of it

Please
or

DefaultParent · 19/01/2022 20:44

I have a Peugeot 308 and it's perfect with my two. Not too big but big enough for everything.

Please
or

YerDaSellsTheAvon · 27/01/2022 19:21

Thanks all, a few to look into 👍🏼

OP's posts:
Please
or

MiloAndEddie · 27/01/2022 19:58

Honda Civic

Please
or

hassletassle · 27/01/2022 19:59

Zafira

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.