Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

If you have really comfortable wireless over the head headphones please tell me!

32 replies

bendmeoverbackwards · 11/02/2021 15:38

I am having no luck with headphones. I often find over the head ones uncomfortable so bought some in ear ones. They sort of fitted ok until last night when one fell out and I lost it!

So now back to over the head ones. I want them to fit well (I have a small head) but not pinch your head so as to give you a headache.

Noise cancelling would be a bonus!

Any good recommendations please?

OP posts:
Please
or

Boredandsingle · 11/02/2021 18:47

I have beats studio wireless ( vvv small head here too!) and they are super comfy- not too tight on the head and noise cancelling! Definitely recommend

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 11/02/2021 19:00

Brilliant thank you @Boredandsingle they look good, maybe a bit more than I want to pay.

OP posts:
Please
or

ViperAtTheGatesOfDawn · 11/02/2021 19:02

Bose, expensive but super light and comfortable and work brilliantly. I could have bought a whole new set with the money I spent on cheaper headphones before finally buying mine.

Please
or

Nordicmom · 11/02/2021 19:07

Just got my new silver and white Airpods Max and they are great but ££££! So comfortable being around the ear rather than on and good sound quality plus excellent noise cancelling and the also look 👍!

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 11/02/2021 19:08

@ViperAtTheGatesOfDawn I did look at Bose, dh swears by his. Not sure if they are too big and bulky though and some of them are very expensive. Although considering these on offer at JL -

www.johnlewis.com/bose-soundlink-ae2-wireless-bluetooth-over-ear-headphones-with-built-in-microphone/black-blue/p2199664#product

OP posts:
Please
or

user1471453601 · 11/02/2021 19:11

I wear hearing aids and glasses, so quite a lot to irritate behind my ears. I find sennheiser (I've had quite a few versions over the years) over the head headphones very comfortable. I use mine for over twelve hours a day and find them very comfortable

Please
or

ViperAtTheGatesOfDawn · 11/02/2021 19:18

[quote YmVuZG1lb3ZlcmJhY2t3YXJkc10qKipAViperAtTheGatesOfDawn* I did look at Bose, dh swears by his. Not sure if they are too big and bulky though and some of them are very expensive. Although considering these on offer at JL -

www.johnlewis.com/bose-soundlink-ae2-wireless-bluetooth-over-ear-headphones-with-built-in-microphone/black-blue/p2199664#product[/quote]
Mine are the Quiet Comfort ones, and probably worth paying a bit more than the ones you've linked (they've come down a lot in price since I bought mine!).

Please
or

doctorboo · 11/02/2021 19:23

I got myself a pair of mpow H7 around Christmas time. They were less than £20, i think £16ish, I know it was as a tight month. Had a look on Amazon and they’re just below £15.
They’re not noise cancelling but they fit my tiny head (I can wear primarks preteen summer hats) and they don’t irritate my piercings: tragus, daith, upper cartilage. Battery life is decent and lasts for about a weeks worth of evenings listening to podcasts/music before I have to charge them.

If you have really comfortable wireless over the head headphones please tell me!
Please
or
Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 12/02/2021 15:44

OP posts:
Please
or

YetAnotherWalk · 12/02/2021 15:57

Teen DD has these and has worn them non stop for home learning, watching YouTube and listening to music.

www.johnlewis.com/sennheiser-hd-400s-over-ear-headphones-with-mic-remote-black/p4011470

Please
or

ViperAtTheGatesOfDawn · 12/02/2021 16:47

[quote YmVuZG1lb3ZlcmJhY2t3YXJkc10qKipAViperAtTheGatesOfDawn* just found these on Bose's website -

www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-apple-devices.html#ProductTabs_tab1[/quote]
That is a good price, but those ones aren't wireless.

Please
or

Disfordarkchocolate · 12/02/2021 16:51

These are on my wishlist, but only until payday. My son has them and they are much better than the expensive pair he had before.

Please
or

MustardMitt · 12/02/2021 17:00

I want some Bose ones but they’re too expensive - I got some cheap Blackweb ones from Asda which are good. I have a huge head and lots of hair and they are comfy. They are over ear rather than on ear as I have piercings I’d rather not mash into my head.

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 12/02/2021 17:39

Oh bugger

OP posts:
Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 12/02/2021 17:40

Sorry that was in reply to @ViperAtTheGatesOfDawn they’re not wireless!

OP posts:
Please
or

1990s · 12/02/2021 17:43

I have the crazy expensive Bose ones... but they are SO comfortable and I’ve had them about 4 years now, used every day so price per wear I’m happy with!

Please
or

bendmeoverbackwards · 12/02/2021 17:44

@Disfordarkchocolate thanks they look good if a little heavy at 600g.

I’m not sure whether to go for noise cancelling, I like the idea of it but they all seem so big and cumbersome. Do any of the non NC ones give any NC by virtue of the fact they sit well on your ears?

OP posts:
Please
or

YorkieTheRabbit · 12/02/2021 17:48

Bose quiet comfort, they’re brilliant. I’ve had them over a year and use them most days. Excellent sound quality, really comfortable.

Please
or

PizzasTonight · 12/02/2021 17:56

I have these. They’re Beats Studio3 and wireless. I’ve had them a couple of years now, they’re very comfortable and I would recommend them.

Please
or

PizzasTonight · 12/02/2021 17:57

Apologies, I don’t know why photo didn’t post.

Please
or

PizzasTonight · 12/02/2021 17:57

For goodness sake!

Please
or

BillMasheen · 12/02/2021 18:02

Another quiet comfort fan here.

£ per wear they are excellent value, and like viper I spent about that in the preceding 5 years on shit headphones before I got them.

Save yourself the aggro. 🙂

Please
or

greybluegreen · 12/02/2021 18:02

Please
or

glugg · 12/02/2021 18:05

[quote YmVuZG1lb3ZlcmJhY2t3YXJkc10qKipAViperAtTheGatesOfDawn* just found these on Bose's website -

www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-25-acoustic-noise-cancelling-headphones-apple-devices.html#ProductTabs_tab1[/quote]
The QC25s are great but not bluetooth, they've been replaced by QC35ii which I have. I find them really comfy for extended wear and good noise cancelling althogh the sound isn't as bass-y as other headphones like Beats. I used to own Sony ones (also noise cancelling) but sold them as the headband bit wasn't comfortable and they were too tight on my ears! The Bose ones are quite big but I wouldn't wear them out of the house so it doesn't matter.

Have a google for best noise cancelling headphones and I think Richer Sounds does a good review.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?