to access all these features

Chat

Best Nail strengthner recommendations

6 replies

jojogoesbust · 01/02/2021 14:56

Hi trying to grow my nails.

Have tried OPI nail Envy
Sally Hansen
Currently trying Eveline Diamond, thought this was going well but have split 2 nails :(

Any good ones that don't peel or chip easily and work??

OP posts:
Please
or

Dinasaurcatcher · 01/02/2021 15:03

Buffing is brilliant for encouraging nail growth and makes them look good too

Please
or

jojogoesbust · 01/02/2021 15:06

@Dinasaurcatcher

Buffing is brilliant for encouraging nail growth and makes them look good too

Ooh I did not know that. Thanks. I will order some buffers
OP posts:
Please
or

visitorfromtheplanetzog · 01/02/2021 15:07

Lacura from Aldi.

Please
or

JamieFrasersSassenach · 01/02/2021 17:43

I have always found OPI nail envy brilliant - but only when used as per the instructions (2 coats day 1, then 1 coat every other day 3 times, then remove and start again).

However, my nails are awful at the moment and I think it must be the alcohol in hand sanitiser - I have to use a lot of it at work.

So I'm not sure that anything will work as well as it normally would. I have just today started back on the nail envy - it will be interesting to see if it works as well as it has done in the past on my nails.

Please post back if you find something amazing @jojogoesbust

Please
or

thesoundofthepolice · 01/02/2021 17:52

Nunail cuticle and nail cream from boots is amazing.

Please
or

millymae · 01/02/2021 18:11

Dior’s Apricot Nail Cream - expensive at £22 for a small pot, but my goodness it worked for me.
I read about it in one of the newspapers, and as I tried Sally Hansen, Opi and Nails Inc nail strengtheners without much success I decided to give it a go
I rub a bit in every night and my nails have never looked so healthy or been as strong as they are now. It even managed to cure the vertical split in one of my thumb nails which I’d been lead to believe would be a permanent problem.
I’m not usually one to buy expensive beauty products but I’m on my second pot of this now.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?