My feed

to access all these features


What’s an equivalent to Chuck roast?

3 replies

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece · 28/10/2020 08:35

Cooking a recipe and it calls for beef Chuck roast. Which feels like an American term. What would we call that in the UK?

(To add confusion, I’m actually in Denmark but figure their meat cuts are more like uk then US)


OP posts:
Weedsnseeds1 · 28/10/2020 08:37

It's a shoulder cut. You could use brisket or fore rib.

Weedsnseeds1 · 28/10/2020 08:41

Just looked at a Danish cutting chart. Equivalent would be tyndbov and tykkam

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece · 28/10/2020 08:47

Oh amazing! Thabk you so much!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.