My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

the most loving thing youve experienced or heard about?

24 replies

whatatodoal · 18/10/2020 19:51

Lonely and single. Hoping to read some nice things!

OP posts:
Speckledhen617 · 18/10/2020 20:07

I've got crohns disease, sometimes I get really dreadful wind that I struggle to hold in. It can smell toxic. We were visiting friends once and I suddenly got really bloated. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't hold it and farted. Without missing a beat DH (DP at the time) laughed and said 'sorry, I had a curry last night' taking the blame for it.

Probably not the romantic story you were looking for but I knew then he'd always have my back.

funtimefrank · 18/10/2020 20:07

I suffer from the cold. My husband a, bought me a hot water bottle ( in an Ermintrude cover) as one of the first presents he ever bought me and b, 20 years later still fills it in secret and puts it at the bottom of my half of the bed stealthily.

That's quite lovely in my eyes.

nancybotwinbloom · 18/10/2020 20:14

Not my partner but my dd. When she was just talking properly she told me she was glad she chose me.

I asked her how and she said she saw me from high up and wanted me to look after her because she knew I'd be fun and a good mum.

My DH stopped our wedding ceremony and said I need to give my daughter a ring too because I'm also making a promise to her and gave her a ring also. It was beautiful. Everyone was crying it was so lovely. He's her step dad.

EdwardCullensBiteOnTheSide · 18/10/2020 20:32

Nancy that's lovely!

nancybotwinbloom · 18/10/2020 20:42

I know. We are so lucky. We have step kids between us (none together) and it's been virtually seamless. They all get on and we all get on.

I wanted more but it didn't happen and my step kids are great.

PhoebeBuffay1 · 18/10/2020 20:52

When my 2 year old ran out of compliments and said 'nice milkies' while tapping my boobs and cuddling me.

So angelic her innocence makes me smile

Iloveliberty · 18/10/2020 20:58

When I was in hospital for a couple of days, my partner, now husband went around to my house and completely dismantled my oven and cleaned it for me. It looked like new and meant far more than flowers ever would!

whitianga · 18/10/2020 21:00

My friends husband keeps her car filled up with petrol so she doesn't have to get out in the cold and do it herself. I just think that's so lovely.

nancybotwinbloom · 18/10/2020 21:01

@whitianga

My friends husband keeps her car filled up with petrol so she doesn't have to get out in the cold and do it herself. I just think that's so lovely.

That is lovely
curlycat · 18/10/2020 21:03

I read a story a while ago about a couple who had been married 60 odd years and the woman was slowly going blind so her DH went to Boots or somewhere with a make up counter and had lessons on how to do her make up. Howling!

Plussizejumpsuit · 18/10/2020 21:04

@Speckledhen617

I've got crohns disease, sometimes I get really dreadful wind that I struggle to hold in. It can smell toxic. We were visiting friends once and I suddenly got really bloated. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't hold it and farted. Without missing a beat DH (DP at the time) laughed and said 'sorry, I had a curry last night' taking the blame for it.

Probably not the romantic story you were looking for but I knew then he'd always have my back.

Omg! He's a keeper. That is so lovely. I'm not even taking the piss!
CoronaBollox · 18/10/2020 21:05

I watch DP kiss toddler DC and newborn head before he heads off to work. He kisses my forehead goodbye every morning. Most of the time I'm awake but haven't opened my eyes yet, then when he kisses me I know its roughly 6.30 and to get up for the day. I don't know if he knows that I know, you know Grin

Insulting and lovely at the same time. When I put some make up on DD looks starstruck and says things like "ohhh wow eyes" "mummy elsa"

Sunnydaysstillhere · 18/10/2020 21:06

When my car went bang my newish bf signed me up for a car on finance. I made the payments - my exh had left my credit rating rubbish. It was 7 years ago and we have been married 5 now!
Just found out last year this is illegal!!
Blush

RHOBHfan · 18/10/2020 21:11

DH defrosts (used to!) my cat every morning before he leaves for work... even though it freezes again by the time I leave.

He also never lets me walk on the outside of a pavement, putting himself between me and traffic. When we cross the road, he swaps sides (and holds my other hand... another thing he always does).

Little things, but they mean a lot.

RHOBHfan · 18/10/2020 21:11

My car haha! Not my cat!

Trut · 18/10/2020 21:23

My dh makes me morning tea and brings it in my favourite teapot and a different cup every day. He seems to read my mind/mood and knows exactly which cup to use.

He also buys me little gifts as a surprise and compliments me and calls me his gorgeous girl every day (never mind he says the same to the cat 😃)

mrslol · 18/10/2020 21:27

@RHOBHfan

DH defrosts (used to!) my cat every morning before he leaves for work... even though it freezes again by the time I leave.

He also never lets me walk on the outside of a pavement, putting himself between me and traffic. When we cross the road, he swaps sides (and holds my other hand... another thing he always does).

Little things, but they mean a lot.

That autocorrect really made me laugh!
Cuddling57 · 18/10/2020 21:28

When I was lonely and single I used to look in the mirror and tell myself I would be ok ❤️😁❤️

LunaHardy · 18/10/2020 21:39

My feet are always freezing cold. DH always puts them between his legs in bed to warm them up. Lots of other cute things that he does but this is one of my favourites as I can't imagine it's very nice for him.

MissScarletInTheSnug · 18/10/2020 21:50

@Cuddling57

When I was lonely and single I used to look in the mirror and tell myself I would be ok ❤️😁❤️

I love this. It is so important to believe in yourself and see your self worth
Sipperskipper · 18/10/2020 21:56

I'm currently on the sofa for the 3rd night this week so that DH can do all the night feeds / settling with our 8 week old. I really struggle with no sleep and am just getting better from PND. He insists on it, as he knows how much it helps me, even though he is shattered.

doadeer · 18/10/2020 22:02

I've been with my partner 10 years since we were 20, when we started dating about 4 months in, I had a terrible accident and my bridge (my two front teeth) came out. I was so mortified and horrified. He travelled all over London looking for a 24 hour boots to buy me dencher glue to temporarily stick my teeth back in. Came back with soup, the glue and put a lovely film on, kissed my face and told me I was beautiful with no teeth.

I knew he was special then ❤️

And after i had our son my stomach looked like something from the national geographic. Every night for months he kissed every stretch mark and said thank you.

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

peridito · 19/10/2020 07:42

And after i had our son my stomach looked like something from the national geographic. Every night for months he kissed every stretch mark and said thank you

oh wow....what sweet guys there are out there !.

Frouby · 19/10/2020 07:52

My dh gets up for work at 5.15am Monday to Friday, I don't get up while 7am. On a weekend he always gets up and brings me a coffee in bed.

When I was bfing ds he used to get up on a weekend morning and go get me fresh danish pastries and bring one with a coffee and a glass of water as he knew I was always thirsty and starving in a morning.

And on a Saturday he goes and gets dd (16 and his step daughter) a vegan sausage roll and pain au chocolate from Greg's as it's about the only junk food she will eat and he worries she doesn't eat enough. She does, she's just naturally slim and healthy. He also brings ds a jammy heart biscuit.

He's a pita sometimes but does try.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.