My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Last night I dreamt the phone rang

11 replies

Bouledeneige · 14/10/2020 21:02

I've just checked my phone and it didn't. I've had a few auditory dreams - I used to think I heard the doorbell rang at midnight or so just as I was drifting off to sleep.

I also dreamt I rang my son and spoke to him.

Have you had weird dreams of sounds you've heard?

OP posts:
bearlyactive · 14/10/2020 21:16

I dream that my alarm rings sometimes. I sit bolt upright in bed with my eyes still shut and turn it off (it's an Alexa alarm so I just have to speak). Then I open my eyes and realise that my SAD lamp is off, so it therefore must not be time to get up, and Alexa is very confused!

Curlygirl06 · 14/10/2020 21:54

I'm convinced my dh's alarm went off, he turned it off and then called my name to wake me up (pre planned as I had to be up at 6 and i never hear the alarm) I got up, went downstairs and made some tea, brought it back upstairs and dh asked why I was making tea now-. It was 4 o'clock in the morning! Mind you, he did wonder why I'd got up, why I'd shouted at Alexa to turn the kettle on and why I'd gone downstairs. Might have been a good idea to ask what I was doing BEFORE I'd gone downstairs!

AdoraBell · 14/10/2020 21:58

Dreamt I’d phoned in sick once, then had to phone to say I was en route and my alarm had failed to work Blush I was an our late for work.

dazzlinghaze · 14/10/2020 22:17

@AdoraBell I've had this exactly! I woke up so confused ten mins after my start time.

AdoraBell · 14/10/2020 22:21

I was confused too, couldn’t understand where I was for a few minutes. Boss wasn’t impressed.

fairydustandpixies · 14/10/2020 22:27

I sometimes think my dog is barking just as I nod off or if I wake in the night. He never is.

Bouledeneige · 14/10/2020 22:28

I once dreamt when I was first with my XH that there was a snake in the bed. I sat bolt upright and said 'get it, it's in the bed, get it!' He, also still asleep and dreaming sat up and said 'I got it!'

In the morning I realised it was a dream and he was dreaming too. He just couldn't remember what he thought he was killing or throwing off the bed.

OP posts:
HowFastIsTooFast · 14/10/2020 22:40

@fairydustandpixies

I sometimes think my dog is barking just as I nod off or if I wake in the night. He never is.

I was once woken up by a dog barking loudly in my room. I didn't have a dog, lived in a first floor apartment, neighbours above, below and either side didn't have dogs Confused
nitsandwormsdodger · 14/10/2020 22:47

I sometimes drift off and think I hear knocking at the door think it may be linked to when the police knocked at my door with bad news

CoronaBollox · 14/10/2020 22:50

I hear my name being shouted when drifting off. Like someone is right next to me, used to make me jump up but now I ignore it and hope it's not a demon trying to get my attention.

RealityExistsInTheHumanMind · 14/10/2020 23:05

I got up and went downstairs - as I walked into the lounge I fell backwards and woke up - still in bed.

I also have fairly frequent auditory hallucinations where I 'hear' the doorbell. I used to regularly go to the door and wonder why there was no one there. I now still 'hear' it but am able to stop myself and do a double reality check. The sound is slightly different and, since I've moved house, comes from the wrong direction.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.