My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Hospital parcel ideas

7 replies

Trousersareoverrated · 10/10/2020 20:01

A friend has been admitted to hospital with pregnancy complications. She will have to remain there for the rest of her pregnancy and is due in January (although the baby might come much sooner). I haven’t been able to speak to her much but I know she is desperately missing her DD and is in a very worried and sad place. I want to send her a parcel of things to do/comfort her in hospital. Any idea of what to include? Obviously her favourite snacks, maybe a book..

OP posts:
Fivemoreminutes1 · 11/10/2020 08:38

What a thoughtful idea

Magazine
Puzzle book
Jigsaw
Adult colouring book and nice colouring pencils
Notebook and pens
Nice socks and slippers
Message beans
Herbal tea
Decaf coffee
Insulated travel mug
Luxury toiletries
Felting or crochet kit

ParisOnWheels · 11/10/2020 13:28

A friend of mine is currently shielding as she’s having major surgery in a few weeks. We don’t live close so haven’t seen each other for months.
I sent her a blanket I made and told her it was the hug I couldn’t give her.

Iwantamarshmallowman · 11/10/2020 13:45

If i was in hosptial I'd want acess to netflix and a e reader full of books. If she has her own phone or tablet you could get her a netflix voucher or those top up cards for the hosptal tv and phone system. I'd also get some nice chocolate/ snacks , some posh squash , warm socks/ slippers , a blanket, warm cardi, moisturiser ,hand cream , lip balm , nice shower gel, flipflops and maybe a book with some mindfulness activitys to help her stay calm.

Hazelnutlatteplease · 11/10/2020 13:51

All the above. Especially slippers and nice shower gel.

Pair of crocs. Easy go out for a walk. Put on over socks, wear in the shower.

BathtubGin · 11/10/2020 15:02

Ipad charging cable and sim card
Bose headphones- noise cancelling and wireless

BathtubGin · 11/10/2020 15:02

Sorry- iPad with long charging cable

katy1213 · 11/10/2020 15:15

I'd want a big, fat book that I could get lost in for hours. Something along the lines of Dr Zhivago or Gone with the Wind. I know it's easier to read on Kindle but it's not the same.
And magazines that are actually worth reading. Harpers, or the New Yorker or Slightly Foxed.
Maybe some light cologne or lavender oil to mask hospital smells. A pillow spray would be nice.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.