My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

I can’t rest until I’ve tried the Toast and Jam tea

34 replies

Haggled · 02/10/2020 09:31

Yorkshire tea have brought out a new tea which is toast and jam flavour. Its only available in Asda for now and I’ve tried my two local ones and it’s sold out 😭 I refuse to pay £5 on eBay with £3 P&P for a box of teabags. Has anyone tried it yet? Tantalise me with reviews of how yum it is please, whilst I await stock.....

OP posts:
JohnLapsleyParlabane · 02/10/2020 09:34

That sounds awful. But I'm now weirdly invested in finding out if you get some and like it!

iCrochetSoIDontKillPeople · 02/10/2020 09:42

Their 'biscuit' tea is amazing 😍

Haggled · 02/10/2020 09:57

@iCrochetSoIDontKillPeople I also love it! It’s going to have to placate me until I get the new jam one Grin

OP posts:
QueenOllie · 02/10/2020 10:01
CatBatCat · 02/10/2020 10:11

I would going to say Bird and Blend is a much nicer version

EvilPea · 02/10/2020 10:12

NO!

BarbaraofSeville · 02/10/2020 10:38

FFS OP, I now need to go to Asda. I'm not bothered about toast and jam tea, because I imagine it will be sweet and I can't stand sweet tea, but you've reminded me that last time I was there, they had gin and tonic flavour After Eight mints, or rather they didn't because they were sold out, but there was a big shrine like display in the gin aisle.

There is also a load of the G&T After Eights on ebay.

To be honest, I don't know why people bother doing this, because it costs a minimum of close to £3 to post anything that's more than an inch thick, and ebay and paypal take a big wedge of fees so people won't be making that much by stripping the supermarket shelves of limited edition products and flogging them on ebay and it sounds like far too much hard work.

Haggled · 03/10/2020 14:08

I found some of the tea bags!!! I have to say, I’m not as bowled over as I thought I would be and I prefer the biscuit one. I now want to try the bird and blend version!

OP posts:
EdwardCullensBiteOnTheSide · 03/10/2020 14:10

I like the sound of the biscuit tea! Off to the asda app to pop some in my basket!

Solongsugar · 03/10/2020 14:15

It'll either hit the spot or set me off on a chain of events. I managed to leave the biscuit tea- wouldn't be able to leave jam toast!

AdoptedBumpkin · 03/10/2020 14:16

I am looking forward to giving it a try. Will be something unique if nothing else.

Geepee71 · 03/10/2020 14:54

It's lovely, get yourselves to Asda and get some.

Tastes like tea and you have a jam/toast aftertaste, weirdly not sweet.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe · 03/10/2020 15:07

Ohh, I love Yorkshire Tea. I still lament the demise of their 'bedtime tea', it had nutmeg in it.

I'm going near an Asda later, I shall make a point of nipping in for this delectable new range. Thanks! Grin

Sparklyring · 03/10/2020 22:26

@LyingWitchInTheWardrobe They're still available. We get them regularly. Currently on offer on Amazon... 4 boxes for £6.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe · 04/10/2020 01:40

Sparklyring, Thank you, I went to Asda especially for the 'toast jam' tea bags - all sold out! I bought 2 boxes of the bedtime tea which I was thrilled to see - and then did an online order for the toast jam tea bags (10 boxes). I hope I like them! Grin

BluePeterVag · 04/10/2020 01:52

I need to try this. Biscuit tea is lovely. Always been disappointed that “English Breakfast Tea” doesn’t taste like sausage, bacon, egg etc

MsEllany · 04/10/2020 01:53

I don’t like normal tea but I’m so intrigued I’m going to make a special trip to buy some tomorrow.

MsEllany · 04/10/2020 01:53

Actually Tesco had a Christmas Tea which also intrigued me.

AwaAnBileYerHeid · 04/10/2020 02:15

Do you add milk to the biscuit tea? I've seen it on the shelves but never bought it because usually, when something is advertised as flavour ie chocolate, it never actually tastes anything like chocolate. I'm always left so disappointed. However I'm hearing a lot of good things about the biscuit tea so might need to give it a try.

1forAll74 · 04/10/2020 02:39

Not for me. its getting a bit like Walkers crisps. making all those horrible flavours , with everything under the sun in them.The crisps people will probably do a toast and jam flavour next.

I only drink Earl Grey tea,and no milk, it has a slightly orange flavour, But some last week, said they drank Earl Grey tea with coconut milk in it, such a travesty haha,

Afonavon · 04/10/2020 07:55

@LyingWitchInTheWardrobe

Ohh, I love Yorkshire Tea. I still lament the demise of their 'bedtime tea', it had nutmeg in it.

I'm going near an Asda later, I shall make a point of nipping in for this delectable new range. Thanks! Grin

I saw this in asda yesterday. It was decaff and labelled Vanilla and nutmeg.
DivGirl · 04/10/2020 07:59

It's quite nice and there are times it really reminds me of buttery white toast. I dislike the jam element though, it's too "flavoured tea" for my liking.

It's not as good as biscuit brew, that's for sure.

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

ScouseQueen · 04/10/2020 08:05

@MsEllany I like Christmas tea a lot. Whittards did a nice one but probably not available anymore.

@BluePeterVag that's a good point about English Breakfast tea! I would buy that.

MsEllany · 04/10/2020 12:56

@ScouseQueen - I’m going to take a wild guess where you’re from, but did you used to get it from the little shop in Clayton Square? I used to love it. I’d get elephant ear beans all the time.

MsEllany · 04/10/2020 12:59

Forgot to add, they do have a website although at first glance I don’t see the Christmas tea. www.whittard.co.uk/

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.