My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Tough children's trainers

2 replies

Callmecordelia · 29/09/2020 14:34

DS has just started reception. The school are asking them to wear trainers rather than school shoes.

He's been at school full time one week and has destroyed one pair by scuffing the coating off around the toes on the top of the shoe, not the sole or rubber bit that comes up at the front, and has now nearly done the same to a second pair.

We have talked to him until we are blue in the face. His teacher has said she'll tell him to stop if she sees him dragging his foot on the ground. This is new behaviour, he's never done this to shoes before.

We can't afford to keep buying him trainers. Does anyone have any recommendations for really tough ones? No need to be a particular colour or anything.

OP posts:
BogRollBOGOF · 29/09/2020 15:58

Decathlon are good. I've stuck with them after the normally gentle DS1 ground his way through a pair of M&S trainers in one day.

(That was a fun refund to argue. I pointed out that other than the gaping hole in the toe, there was no wear in the soles and they were spotlessly clean!)

Callmecordelia · 29/09/2020 16:24

Thanks, I'll take a look. I think we've found the culprit - the balance bikes. He is dragging his shoes along to stop.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.