My feed

to access all these features


I need help

3 replies

TeresaN · 26/09/2020 22:07

So this might be a long one. My sister is in an abusive relationship. Mentally, emotionally and on a couple of occasions physical. She has three children and a mortgage with her husband. She is a sahm, no income. Her husband is a bastard, controlling, self centred, ignores her and calls her a nag if she asks him to spend time with her and the kids.She wants to move out but can't afford the rent and as far as I know can't apply for help with the rent as she us a homeowner. She lives in Ireland. Is there anything she can do to move out and get help?

OP posts:
TeresaN · 26/09/2020 22:09

He constantly threatens her with Tusla ( Irish CPS) if she wants to ring the Gardaí. He keeps telling her if you ring the Gardaí they will take the kids.

OP posts:
nimbuscloud · 26/09/2020 22:11

Can she contact Women’s Aid?
Are there any family members in Ireland that can help her?

TeresaN · 26/09/2020 22:15

She doesn't want to go to a refuge. She has got legal advice previously and was told not to leave the family home. There are no family members. Its just me and my sister and I don't live in Ireland. I just want her to be able to get her own safe place with the kids.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.