My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Bean to cup,is it really worth it?

15 replies

Anothermuther · 17/09/2020 20:08

Hi all,
Love drinking coffee and spend far too much on takeaway coffee.im considering a delonghi bean to cup machine but my gosh they are eye wateringly expensive!I have a big birthday in October, and am tempted to treat myself,my questionsto all you lovely people is do you recommend it and is it worth the money?
If yes which delonghi (i say this as others like sage etc are even dearer!)and how much would I expect to pay?
Do these machines go on sale? Like black Friday etc?
Thank you all in advance!!

OP posts:
Foxyloxy1plus1 · 17/09/2020 21:00

Yes

carlywurky · 17/09/2020 21:27

Yes! Love mine. Replaced it the day the last one gave up - and it had done a lot of cups at that point. I got my current one from the delonghi refurbished page on eBay. It's fab.

isseywith4vampirecats · 17/09/2020 21:29

we have a de longhi cafe corso and yes bean to cup is far superior to instant coffee friendly to the enviroment no plastic pods and ours is six years old and still going strong,

Willow4987 · 17/09/2020 21:38

100% yes!

Not sure about Black Friday and those specific models but I’m sure some bean to cups will be included in it.

Anothermuther · 17/09/2020 21:39

Thanks guys,is there point in waiting for a sale,does it even happen?

OP posts:
duddle · 17/09/2020 21:41

Get an electric grinder for your beans and a basic drip filter. Will cost you considerably less and the coffee is amazing.

Less ideal if you prefer lattes etc but great if you just want a straightforward coffee.

Elsiebear90 · 17/09/2020 21:42

Yes 1 million percent worth it, I got a Delonghi magnifica in the sale for £230 (usually £500) with money I was gifted for my 30th birthday, one of the best things I’ve ever bought.

Toddlerteaplease · 17/09/2020 21:44

I had a nesspresso mini. It was fab, I saw the sage creatista in JL and bought one on eBay and it is brilliant. Coffee is as good as coffee shops.

Shittybobbins · 17/09/2020 21:54

We've had one for six or seven years and we love it. I think it's Esam 4200.

Look out for them on Black Friday sales. My Sister got a really good deal on one last year.

Our last machine had a fault after about 2 or 3 years, just as the warranty was about to end anyway. We sent it back to delonghi and because they couldn't get a replacement part within two weeks, they just sent us a brand new machine. It was really fab customer care!

Basillify · 17/09/2020 22:03

Absolutely worth it. We have a cuisinart bean to cup. Makes a great pot of filter. Love the coffee smell all through the house in the morning 👌

Hotcuppatea · 17/09/2020 22:07

I think a good stove top and good coffee makes the best at-home coffee. I find those home machines (nespresso and such) make such 1 dimentional, flavourless drinks.

Thimbleberries · 17/09/2020 22:17

yes they are in Black Friday sales. But also sales at other times.

I got mine from amazon, for hundreds less than it was usually.

You can use sites like camelcamelcamel (just put that into google) and then you paste the link to the amazon item, and it watches it for you and emails you if it goes below the price you specify. Sometimes they drop for only short periods of times, like hours, and other times for longer, so it's useful. Other similar sites are avialable!

I have a deLonghi Magnifica, which I like because it has a milk frother with carafe that gets stored in the fridge. I haven't yet found my perfect beans for it, but that's not the machine's fault!

Wishiwasrunning2 · 18/09/2020 20:16

We have a de longhi autentica and it's amazing, used every day and worth every penny!

ellephant · 18/09/2020 20:24

Totally worth it, use mine every day. Worth noting that they need the filter changing every few months and need to be descaled every so often too - which is at further cost to buy the new filters and descaler solution.
Look around as the prices vary wildly from site to site. I think amazon/eBay will be your best bet for value

TorkTorkBam · 18/09/2020 20:26

I grind beans in a separate grinder (or buy ground) then use a simple percolator. It is lovely. I only drink blak coffee though.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.