My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

What is the worst trouble you got in school?

42 replies

WomenHour · 11/09/2020 21:27

I got a lunch time detention for not bringing my football boots for PE

OP posts:
slipperywhensparticus · 11/09/2020 21:29

I snapped "in a minute" at a teacher I had to write a letter of apology me and another girl I was allowed to go after mine she was not as she wasn't sincere enough

Sevo7 · 11/09/2020 21:32

I got suspended for 3 days for smoking behind the sports hall and accidentally saying “oh fuck” when the headteacher tapped me on the shoulder and I saw who it was Blush

letsmaketea · 11/09/2020 21:33

The maths teacher Mr Russell found a note my friend wrote and passed to me about a boy she had snogged. He took us into an empty classroom, read the note out loud to us, and spent a good long time shaming us for it. I still feel sick thinking about it now!

Bargebill19 · 11/09/2020 21:35

Slapped the German teacher as he tried to kiss me at the end of class.

AnathemaPulsifer · 11/09/2020 21:36

My mum got called in to discuss my poor attendance. I blagged it.

TabbyStar · 11/09/2020 21:42

I knocked a boy's tooth out in English because he was pulling my hair and wouldn't let go. I used to get bullied quite a bit for being too swotty but everyone left me alone for a while after that.

safariboot · 11/09/2020 21:44

Got in a fight on the street which got broken up by the police. No further action.

A close second might be pulled out of all lessons for a whole day and made to complete a piece of GCSE coursework I'd let get way overdue.

bettertimesarecomingnow · 11/09/2020 21:44

I bit another Kid in junior school. Had to stay in at lunch and break for a week and so maths.

Can't even remember why I did it now

moanyhole · 11/09/2020 21:45

A ģirl.named Roz used to twirl us around bynthe leg and arm, only she let go of me and I ended up going through the classroom window

WhosThatGirl89 · 11/09/2020 21:47

Got suspended for doing poppers in the toilets. My friends sister persuaded us to give them to her to get rid of and instead she gave them to the head of year

supernooodle · 11/09/2020 21:49

I forgot my pe trainers!

BogRollBOGOF · 11/09/2020 21:49

Being late for PE because my friend forgot her games skirt and I was helping her to pin the oversized lost property skirt that was double her size. Litter detention.

2x detentions for homework.

Setting fire to the desk in an inattentive moment in science. I learned my lesson about heating alcohol in a beaker of hot water rather than over the bunsen burner. The teacher realised it was dipsy not malicious and felt that my shock was sufficient consequence.

Flinging the rounders bat repeatedly at the playground in frustration at being out yet again. Ex-best friend was chanting "out! Out" with glee and my temper went.
Dragged off to the headmaster's office and given a full spittle shower shouting at. Had to write a sorry note. No one was allowed to talk to me for the rest of the day. Told if I ever did it again, I'd be suspended... I went on holiday the next day and came back a week later to the whole school believing that I had been suspended Grin

Basically I got into more trouble for helping a friend than setting the place on fire Grin

cautiouscovidity · 11/09/2020 21:50

I asked my teacher (a nun) if she was a virgin Blush. To be fair, I was 9 and had no idea what it meant (a yr 6 asked me to ask her). My mum and dad had to go in for a meeting and everything.

dudsville · 11/09/2020 21:53

When I was 9 I stole some things from another child. When I was a teenager I often missed school or turned up late. We moved around a lot so this behaviour never really got much notice but I did once have detention for it. It was in a cold, cellar-like room and I was in a mini skirt. I also had nothing on me to study and I was made to just sit there for he whole day. I'll never forget it. But it didn't stop my behaviour. I was deeply unconscious throughout my childhood.

BellatrixLeStrangest · 11/09/2020 22:07

I locked my maths teacher in a cupboard after she'd shouted about me being "thick" in class.
After class she went to get a book out of the cupboard as a way of giving me extra homework to do to catch up. I locked her in her cupboard and left her there for the entire lunch hour.
I got a bollocking off the head teacher and my mum had to come into school but I didn't give a single shit.

notso · 11/09/2020 22:14

I got picked up by some lads in a car at lunchtime, we weren't allowed off site. We were driving down the lane near school and went through a puddle soaking a runner who happened to be one of my teachers. When called to the HOY office the next day after being shouted at for ages and told I was a waste of space I yelled "I wasn't fucking driving"
I was put on report, demoted from prefect, had do litter duty and wash the teachers clothes.

hopeishere · 11/09/2020 22:16

I threw a ball at a teacher and told them to fuck off.

I then stormed out and hid in the grounds.

I went back into class after lunch and then then head nun arrived and dragged me - literally - out of class and brought me home.

My poor mum.

I had to write a letter of apology.

HoldUpALightFprMe · 11/09/2020 22:20

In my third week of year 7 I got into a massive food fight with a year 11. We were outside but we were both covered in food, I had a whole tuna sandwich in my hair. I missed my next lesson because I was trying to wash it out. I was put in isolation for the rest of the week and the year 11 was suspended for the rest of the week.

Serena1977 · 11/09/2020 22:26

I drew some glasses on my face with a red felt tip during class. I was hauled out, taken to the head of the subject and told I looked like a red Indian. 😳

Indoctro · 11/09/2020 22:28

I pretty much spend my whole primary education and secondary being suspended. It would be easier to say what I didn't do rather than did.

I really was a little ...... Sad

I feel so sorry looking back for my parents , must of been so embarrassing for them

99redballoonshaveallpopped · 11/09/2020 22:34

Was asked to leave post GCSE's. Well to be more precise I was told that if I went quietly and didn't make a fuss they wouldnt expell me.

I was an absolute fucking nightmare when I was in secondary school. It wasn't often that I got caught doing my various bad deeds but I was often involved somewhere. I may or may have been the superglue supplier in the 'superglue all the hymn books together at the end of the pews in chapel' occurrence
However I was being horrendously bullied* when I was in school and by the end of 5th year I had an attitude that the school didnt give a shit about me so who should I care about them kind of thing.

*I read through one of my school reports the other day and it plainly said that I need to learn to make less of a target of myself. Victim blaming much?

TawnyPippit · 11/09/2020 22:40

Not me, although I was involved 😊

We had a slightly bonkers RE teacher who had several obsessions. The first was us getting pregnant in the summer holidays - this was yr 9. But her bigger concern was that we were going to fall out of the window. I have no idea why this was a concern - there was a row of windows in the class but they were easily shoulder height and above and did not open more than a crack.

My mate nabbed someone’s PE bag that was sort of pink and wrapped her blazer around it and threw it out of the window from the classroom above (her form room). The RE teacher had a meltdown as she saw a pink and blazered form go past and land on the concrete, although apparently she was shouting about how she was vindicated. The weak point in the plan was that my mate’s blazer had her name tape in it. Much punishment followed 😊

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

ShinyGreenElephant · 11/09/2020 22:42

I was banned from the prom for smoking behind the sports hall. Was more than once but I still think it was a really overly harsh punishment. I pretended I didnt give a shit but I was absolutely gutted

Clawdy · 11/09/2020 22:43

My friend and I were fairly quiet little girls, but we played truant for a whole week, going over to her house because her mum was out all day.On the last day we both agreed to pretend to be ill, so we could have the day off, but take a covering letter in the following week.Unfortunately a man who was then known as "The School Board" (probably a truant officer ) called at our house and spoke to my mum. I was happily playing records in the lounge when Mum came back in and said "That silly man said you'd been off school all week! I said it was just today! " I started crying and told her the truth, and she took me straight down to school to explain and apologise to our formidable and terrifying headmistress. I don't think I've ever felt more sick with fright in my life.

TokyoSushi · 11/09/2020 22:43

Smoking in Year 11 🚬

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.