My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Autumn candle scent?

11 replies

MeanMrMustardSeed · 09/09/2020 23:01

I’m after an autumn candle. More cheap and cheerful than posh and refined. (Yankee would be my go to.)

Could anyone recommend one please? So far I’m considering Yankee Pumpkin Patch or Autumn Glow, but would love any others that people love at this time of year. I also wondered about spiced orange but wasn’t sure if they was too winter. Thank you!

OP posts:
Cherry321 · 10/09/2020 00:23

Homesense did a lovely spiced apple Candle last year.

Starksforthewin · 10/09/2020 00:32

I love Feu de Bois from Diptyque for Autumn.

Wood smoke and embers.

Not cheap but incredible throw of the scent even when not lit, and, depending on the size you choose, the burn time is extensive which makes it good value in the long run.

sunshineandshowers21 · 10/09/2020 03:40

i love home bargains candles. £2.99 for a big jar, and they always burn evenly right to the end. they always have lovely autumn/wintery scents. i’m going there tomorrow so i’ll be stocking up! you can get mini candles and wax melts in the same scents too. i normally light a candle and use the same scent wax melt in my living room and you can smell it all over the house. absolute bargain!

LatteLover12 · 10/09/2020 03:51

Try TK Maxx OP, I've found some great autumn candles in there over the last couple of years.

I think I'll have to go tomorrow now after this thread!

Ricekrispie22 · 10/09/2020 04:42
zatarontoast · 10/09/2020 07:14

Also came on to say Home Bargains. I've found though that their tallest jar candles are better than the short tumbler ones in term of throw.

AlwaysLatte · 10/09/2020 07:28

Unfortunately my 12 year old gets headaches if I use candles, so it's windows open in the hope that someone nearby is cooking apple pie!

Gohackyourself · 10/09/2020 07:38

Yankee pumpkin chai latte is fantastic- also if you have a Tesco extra it’s selling them in there.

BertieBob · 10/09/2020 07:41

I have always swore by the big Yankee rip offs Home bargains sell. They have lovely autumn/winter scents. I always pick a few up every year and they last for ages.

TakeMeToYourLiar · 10/09/2020 07:57

Home sense or TK Max

We had an amazing hazelnut latte from them last year

MeanMrMustardSeed · 10/09/2020 10:10

Thank you so much everyone - especially for the resounding home bargains recommendation. I will definitely give those a go. I will check out all the others too. I don’t think I can bear to spend over £50 on a candle though! Maybe in a few years when I don’t sink down each evening in exhaustion and can actually enjoy the candle to the max! Smile

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.