My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Travelling after birth

3 replies

Bracken20 · 08/09/2020 19:29

I am thinking 12 weeks after giving birth if renting a villa in Greece for 6 weeks to relax and get the most out my mat leave. Husband works from home so once there wifi he good. Irish weather is brutal and just thinking be health for the baby. Mom in law would come too. Has anyone done this and how did they get one. Lots of my friends say the baby need to get use to my home but to me that's not really a reason

OP posts:
MrsT1405 · 08/09/2020 19:33

I think its a brilliant idea. Babies are very portable when they are small , as long as they are well looked after and fed they are happy anywhere with their parents. Id just make sure you were comfortable with the local health care ,if you should need it.

Findahouse21 · 08/09/2020 19:34

Only thing I would be concerned about is if you can get a passport in time. We waited 3 weeks just to get the birth certificate

bluecheese2412 · 08/09/2020 19:38

That's great. Babies are very easy to manage during those months whether travelling or adapting to a new place. You would be settled and it would work wonders on your mental health. Ignore everyone. I went travelling with DS from 7 weeks old and now his 18 months, it's more diffcult now as he is active. Make the most out of it when they are small, have fun 🏖

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.