My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Most grim 'yuck' thing that's happened to you

208 replies

Coldemort · 05/09/2020 16:52

Inspired by a response in another thread...

I live in a block of flats next to a canal. One warm, dusky, summer evening I took my rubbish to the bin store and..... stood on a decomposing rat. It was a monster, I was wearing fabric ballet flats and it went with an almighty pop. I was stood on decomposing rat guts up to my (bare) ankles. I couldnt even take my shoes off as there was broken glass on the floor so had to shuffle back home with rat gut shoes

Anyone care to beat that?

OP posts:
SilverYellow · 05/09/2020 16:54

I came on to share my story.. but nope I can't beat that.

That is truly horrendous.

workshyfop · 05/09/2020 16:55

It doesn’t beat yours but mine is being in a swimming pool when someone copiously vomited in the pool near me. It took the lifeguard ages to tell everyone so people were happily splashing around it it.

Agbqzy · 05/09/2020 16:58

Walking across my dining room to get to the kitchen very early one morning in bare feet. Hadn't pulled the blind up so room fairly dark. Stepped into something cold and clammy. Put on the light and it was a pile of cat sick! Shock

Yuk!!

Took a while to get out of the carpet too.

Coldemort · 05/09/2020 17:00

I've stood in cat sick too! Mine was on the bathroom floor as I got out of the shower. At least I could quickly jump back in!

OP posts:
MrsSiriusBlack1 · 05/09/2020 17:01

Oh god, exploding rat 🤮🤢

Itsrainingnotmen · 05/09/2020 17:05

Not me but my adult dd.
Saw something black on her kitchen floor. She can not explain why she did it but she picked it up and LICKED IT..
IT WAS A DEAD SLUG...
OMFG...
Envy
Most def not envy..

ForeverAshamed · 05/09/2020 17:11

Our hamster had babies. During the night one of them fell out of the cage onto the living room floor. I didn't see it, and I stood on it. I felt it go pop under my bare foot. I'm still ashamed of it.

EmmaGrundyForPM · 05/09/2020 17:14

Rodents seem to be a theme here!
I've stood on more dead rodents than I care to count thanks to the cats dh had when I first met him. I quickly learned to wear slippers!

ForeverAshamed · 05/09/2020 17:15

I should add that it was still alive at the time, which is utterly horrific.

slavetothenhs · 05/09/2020 17:20

Hmmm, I could name many but how about trying to catch the liquid shit with a towel that was spraying forth hosepipe fashion from a patient's newly formed stoma while we were changing the bag ... thing is we were both laughing (it was that or cry) and more was spraying out as she laughed

maggienolia · 05/09/2020 17:26

We took Cat 2 to the vet to have her teeth rescaled. Vet was bending over cat, attacking a tough piece of scale..it flew off and landed in his mouth.
I have never seen him hit the sink so fast.

EleanorOalike · 05/09/2020 17:30

Victim of a “dirty protest”... involving the contents of the sanitary waste bit.

Shit and blood. Woop woop.Envy Sad

TheMostHappy · 05/09/2020 17:31

I went on a 200 mile round trip in the car and couldn't believe how many farms along the way were muck spreading - this stink was intolerable. It dawned on me when getting home that it was highly unlikely for that smell not to be coming from me so sent dh to investigate.

Upon opening the car bonnet, he discovered one very well cooked dead rat 🐀 apparently it was an absolute bugger to get out as it kept falling to slimy pieces.

I can't believe I travelled 200 miles with eau de decomposing cooking rat blowing at me through the air vents. EnvyBlush

Mogtheforgetfulmum · 05/09/2020 17:32

Went into the kitchen in the middle of the night to get a drink and stood on a slug in my bare feet. Felt it pop!

BlackLetterDay · 05/09/2020 17:33

I used to work as a HCA so was fairly used to yuck, it was my life. However I came across a newly qualified nurse who was dealing with a patient in the toilet, he shouted for my help and honestly it was hilarious. They were both just covered in shit, I was laughing my arse off. Sent the nurse off to get cleaned up, then sorted poor patient out, no idea how it happened.

Lindy2 · 05/09/2020 17:34

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at these. 🤢

Many years ago when DH was changing our newborns nappy he leaned in a bit too close just as a perfect fountain of breastfed liquid baby poo launched from her bottom. It went all over his face. 12 years on he's still slightly traumatised.

Sparklfairy · 05/09/2020 17:34

When we had a dog, we used to bulk buy his food and store it in a bin in the shed. One night I went out in the pitch black and felt my way around and filled his bowl with the cup that was somewhere in the bin. Got back in the kitchen and put it down, dog put his head in the bowl. All of a sudden I saw something strange out of the corner of my eye and moved the dog. Three, yes three, decomposing field mice in the dog food Envy Presumably someone must have been DB hadn't put the lid on properly and they had got into the bin store and then died. Bad enough to see these decomposing bodies in my kitchen, but the realisation that I had felt around in the dark and probably touched them all gave me the proper squealy heebie jeebies (and I'm not hugely squeamish).

The dog didn't know what all the fuss was about.

penguin81 · 05/09/2020 17:34

I once sat on a toilet in a nightclub..stood yo and realised there was shit on the seat..thought I was lucky I didn't get it on me, until Isaw the back of my cream trousers in the mirror 🤢

MimiLaRue · 05/09/2020 17:35

One day I came down to the kitchen and my dog very proudly showed me the lovely decapitated squirrel in her bed. We believe she ate the head. I rang the vets in a panic and they said its quite common for dogs to eat the heads off squirrels (sooooo gross).

I then had to dispose of the body, all the while my dog gazed at me with sad, indignant eyes that I was removing her dead squirrel that she probably planned to eat later on that day. I dont think she ever fully forgave me.

SummerHouse · 05/09/2020 17:35

I was swimming and spotted something brown at the bottom of the pool. Brain told my foot to test it out. Toes sank into what was obviously (what else could it have ever been) a poo. Code brown called, pool evacuated, toes still feel.... violated.

NotExactlyHappyToHelp · 05/09/2020 17:36

Came downstairs barefoot one morning and trod on something small and warm that popped under my foot.

Cat had caught a mouse, brought it in and cut it open then picked it back up and left it’s guts on the floor Envy.

I’m never barefoot anymore.

KnightKnurse · 05/09/2020 17:36

First time my first BF finished in mouth, within seconds of gentle kissing. Was taken by total surprise, coughed, dribbled, messed up my top, skirt, etc. After that I was always better prepared :) Valuable life lesson!

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

penguin81 · 05/09/2020 17:39

remembered another one..someone had been sick in a beer garden, I slipped and landed in it..he didn't even apologise or see what the fuss was about!

TrufflePioneer · 05/09/2020 17:40

Turned off the light in the little bedroom on my way to bed, and saw a loose trainer sock on the floor in the semi-dark. Absently bent down and grabbed it to put it in the linen basket...

...to find it was in fact a fresh puppy turd.

isithotinhereorisitjustme · 05/09/2020 17:45

Another rodent one here - went to put washing on the line barefoot on a lovely summer day - cat had clearly caught and killed a mouse that I then stood on and squelched between my toes. I can still hear the noise now... and am another who no longer wanders round with bare feet.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.