My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Ikea Drona boxes

10 replies

UnitedRoad · 03/09/2020 11:56

They’re the fabric boxes that fit into a Kallax.

Does anyone know if they will be bringing out more colours soon? I love them - they’re ideal for kids rooms and the playroom (plus others - we love a kallax in this house) Cheap to replace, or to give the room a new look. However the current colours are all very boring, and not really suitable for children’s rooms. You can buy discontinued colours on eBay/amazon, but obviously they’re a lot more expensive.

Alternatively, does anyone else sell the same size box, preferably in bright colours.

Sorry for boring post.

OP posts:
GiantKitten · 03/09/2020 11:57

Try eBay - I got some very pretty blue & white flowery ones from there recently.

Prices vary widely though so look carefully Smile

GiantKitten · 03/09/2020 12:01

Oh, sorry, didn’t read far enough & you did mention eBay! Mine were quite reasonable considering p&p was included.

Agree that Ikea’s are very dull atm (and they’re not all listed on one page Confused)

beautifulshoes · 03/09/2020 12:02

I think they have new ones out that aren't called drona; they have lids and are more expensive, but have some variety in colours. I need to double check the dimensions before I order some though!

GiantKitten · 03/09/2020 12:05

Dunelm have some!

Says 33x33x37 - assume 37 is the height?

GiantKitten · 03/09/2020 12:12

Argos too (though only in sets of 4)

UnitedRoad · 03/09/2020 12:16

I’ve just measured and the drones are 33 wide by 33 high and the depth is 37. I’ll go and look at Dunelm, thank you.

@GiantKitten I think I know the blue and white ones you mean, and I love them.

@beautifulshoes I wouldn’t mind lids, but don’t really like the more expensive part!

My brother lives in Australia, but since sending me mint maltesers was too much effort, I can’t see him shipping me some boxes Angry

OP posts:
GiantKitten · 03/09/2020 13:16

@UnitedRoad

I’ve just measured and the drones are 33 wide by 33 high and the depth is 37. I’ll go and look at Dunelm, thank you.

*@GiantKitten* I think I know the blue and white ones you mean, and I love them.

*@beautifulshoes* I wouldn’t mind lids, but don’t really like the more expensive part!

My brother lives in Australia, but since sending me mint maltesers was too much effort, I can’t see him shipping me some boxes Angry

Oops, yes, 37 is the depth, you’re right! I hadn’t measured them, just assumed that “cube” meant 4 square sides Grin

Some of the Argos character ones are a bit smaller, but would still fit of course.

This eBay merchant has the blue/white - also bright pink - for a not unreasonable price (& even better if they would double up the p&p
ShimmeringIce · 03/09/2020 22:37

Can you still get plain white and paint them using fabric paint?

Agwen · 04/09/2020 00:02

Homebase also sell their own version in quite a few different colours, same dimensions as you're after.

www.homebase.co.uk/cube-fabric-insert-ochre_p513309

Normally £6 each. Some colours are in the sale though for £1.50!

I have a couple in steel blue and they are better quality than the online photos suggest.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.