My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

360 car seat recommendations

9 replies

BirdIsland · 18/07/2020 14:01

My eight month old DD seems to have fallen out with her car seat, and is miserable every time she goes in it. She'll need a new one soon anyway so we're looking to buy one sooner rather than later. I'd like one that spins to make it easier getting her in and out. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 360 car seat they've been happy with, and stays rear facing for as long as possible? Thanks!

OP posts:
Sexnotgender · 18/07/2020 14:02

I’ve got the Joie 360 and I’m happy with it so far. DS is 17 months, it’s so much better being able to put him in then turn him round.

FrugiFan · 18/07/2020 14:07

We have a Joie 360 and it's great. We had it since DD was 6 months. Shes 3.5 now and still uses it and still happy going rear facing.

FrugiFan · 18/07/2020 14:07

As far as I know all the 360 car seats go up to 18kg.

BirdIsland · 18/07/2020 15:16

Good to know older babies are still happy rear facing in the Joie as it's the one I was leaning most towards I think.

OP posts:
FightMilkTM · 18/07/2020 15:22

We have the nuna norr which only goes from birth to 4 years. It spins 360 but only locks in place as rear facing. I-size and Swedish road test approved so excellent safety credentials.
I think the joie 360 might go older 🤔 but not suitable from birth. So may be better as you don’t need it from tiny!

MindyStClaire · 18/07/2020 15:23

We also have the Joie 360 and love it. DD hated her maxi Cosi cabriofix, screamed every time, but got on well with the Joie from day one. Think we moved her at around a year, but will consider moving DD2 earlier if we have similar bother.

zigzagbetty · 18/07/2020 15:24

Also for joie, my lo is almost 4 and comfortably sits rear facing. Going to be gutted to stop using it

Boringnamechanging · 18/07/2020 15:40

I have the cybex sirona s i-size and it's good. I have the one with the sensor safe which I don't actually use other than as a clip which stops them sliding arms out of the straps.

Dd 18 months is happy and ds was using it happily for a bit up until 3 and 5 months he then didn't fit it as he is tall though he is still under 18kg. This wasn't a problem for us as we have a 25kg rear facing seat but be aware the 18kg/until 4 seats can be outgrown earlier that 4.

I didn't get the joie because the leg didn't go to the bottom of the storage box so could only fit it in the centre seat which meant I couldn't spin it as it hit the other car seat.

BirdIsland · 18/07/2020 17:11

I've just checked and the Joie is ok for our car so I think we'll go for that one, it's pretty expensive but it sounds like it's worth it. Thanks for the input everyone, really appreciated.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.