My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Which mattress in a box?

29 replies

TreeSunset · 03/07/2019 12:44

With all the new mattresses out there popping up on my facebook feed, which one do I want and why? Especially when you can’t see them in a shop. And how much did you pay for yours? Or is a decent sprung and memory foam topper the way to go?

OP posts:
TreeSunset · 05/07/2019 00:19

That’s interesting derelict, which one did you have? I guess they are like a marmite thing.

OP posts:
longtompot · 12/07/2019 15:19

@YoungEurope JL may have more of a range, but the Premier Inn website sells the one they have in their hotels (as far as I know) for much cheaper www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/sleep/buy-our-bed.html

Letsnotargue · 12/07/2019 15:29

We have an EvE hybrid with the foam and springs. I love it. We've had it for a year and apart from some slight denting where we lie it's as good as new. I had a Tempur one before, which was mega£££ and took months to soften into being comfortable. I loved the Eve one straight out of the box and have never even thought about returning it.

When I wake up in the morning I always pat myself on the back for having such a comfy bed.

The only thing to think about is that the hybrid ones are quite a bit thinner than the full memory foam ones. There is a maximum gap you can have between slats if you have a slatted base - we got a new bed at the same time and went for an ottoman with a solid top so it didn't matter to us.

LoafofSellotape · 12/07/2019 15:38

I must be the only person on the world who is disappointed with the Premier Inn mattresses,I don't find them comfy at all.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.