My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Should I be worried about this?

8 replies

JellyTots2009 · 28/06/2019 17:34

I sometimes get myself worked up over small things that can be nothing. I'm hoping this is another one of those moments.

I've tanned on my arms today due to the heatwave and noticed some part of my upper arm is still pale white, it is very noticeable.
The main reason I'm concerned is because the untanned part is actually painful. Not the skin more so underneath. Maybe muscle?
But it is only the untanned part that's sore. Rest of arm is fine. This is what's worrying me.

Is there anything that could link my arm not tanning completely and the soreness in that exact part?
(Like I said I worry over minor things but scared this could be more)

Should I be worried about this?
OP posts:
JellyTots2009 · 28/06/2019 19:07

Bump

OP posts:
Rickandportly · 28/06/2019 20:14

I tan very unevenly too. And to be honest, the more you think an area is hurting the more it will. I’ve been there myself x

Rickandportly · 28/06/2019 20:14

But if you are worried see a Dr - or Boots. My local boots runs a skin/mole clinic.

JellyTots2009 · 28/06/2019 20:29

Thanks for replying. I usually tan evenly never noticed this before and my other arm is just tanned all over.
I think I will see someone if I notice it more on the same arm. I will more than likely be in the sun tomorrow and will see if it tans then.

OP posts:
hairhair · 28/06/2019 21:33

I sometimes get white patches on my arms when I tan, it's skin condition (I forget the name, it's something fungal, lovely! 🙈) but don't get the muscle soreness, sometimes it's itchy or sore. The two could be unrelated. See your GP. I felt like an idiot going to my GP at first but she knew what it was straight away and gave me a shampoo to clear it up which I still have to use every so often to keep it at bay

hairhair · 28/06/2019 21:35

Pityriasis versicolor is the name of what I was thinking of. Yours looks different but I'd still see your gp

JellyTots2009 · 28/06/2019 21:45

Thanks I've just looked that up. The skin doesn't have a different texture just no tan. I'll keep an eye out tomorrow

OP posts:
hairhair · 30/06/2019 15:16

Mine didn't have a different texture either initially. It was only really when I was pregnant that it got a bit flakey and itchy

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.