My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the discussion and meet other Mumsnetters on our free online chat forum.

Chat

Tell me about switching energy suppliers (Bulb?)

37 replies

WePutTheSpringinSpringfield · 30/05/2019 22:09

My friend was talking about Bulb at work today. Apparently very cheap and only one tariff etc. I put my details and got a quote that is literally half of what we pay now.

It says it deals with the switchover as well?

Any pitfalls to doing this that I need to be aware of?? It seems a little too good to be true if I’m honest!

OP posts:
OracleBI · 30/05/2019 23:15

This reply has been deleted

This post has been hidden until the MNHQ team can have a look at it.

NellaBonella · 30/05/2019 23:17

They don't have an out of hours service so if your meter faults at the weekend or overnight you'll be without power until they reopen. People think the electricity board can deal with it but unfortunately they cannot work on electric meters.
Something to think about if you have young children...

Bedforaweek · 30/05/2019 23:26

I moved to a new hous and the supplier was bulb.
I was sick for 4 months and I never got round to even calling them to set up the account. They sent some letters but it was all so laid back and when I finally called they were so nice about it all
I never got one of those ‘THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING’ Letters that other suppliers have sent me when I’ve been a few days late. They seem to just have a different ethos
That bought my loyalty

GiantKitten · 30/05/2019 23:39

True that there isn’t an out of hours phone, but apparently their email is monitored, so if you have an emergency & email them they will get back to you & sort it (happened to someone I know recently).

YesQueen · 30/05/2019 23:51

Easiest switch I've ever done, I changed last year

gluteustothemaximus · 30/05/2019 23:54

With bulb and initially was a lot cheaper. But there's been 3 price hikes since joining and although still cheaper than old supplier, not much in it now.

GiantKitten · 31/05/2019 00:03

There’s also been at least one reduction this year (I’ve been with them since Sept 2017)

AND all the electricity is renewable, & 10% of the gas, & all the gas is carbon neutral - information here: bulb.co.uk/energy/

Epanoui · 31/05/2019 00:45

We switched to Bulb and have saved about £40 a month on average. Very pleased with them.

scrolling123 · 11/06/2019 11:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

laurajane1993 · 08/08/2019 12:10

beachcomber70 · 08/08/2019 12:20

I've been with Bulb for about 8 months now and the switching was no problem at all. They do it all.
No issues with them at all apart from they ask me to install a smart meter...I am not going to, I just ignore the e mails.

Becoli · 15/02/2021 11:57

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.