Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Would you recommend me your hot water bottle?

BadMoodBoard · 01/01/2019 20:12

I am looking for something lush, cuddly and that stays hot for a long time (oh and safe as it's for 12 yo DD). Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BadMoodBoard · 02/01/2019 07:12

Still looking Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

bea179 · 02/01/2019 07:14

I've got a fluffy one from primark, and I really like it. Though I don't use it all that often, I prefer a wheat bag/cuddly toy

Please
or

borntobequiet · 02/01/2019 07:18

I can shorten your search, perhaps, and put you out of your misery by recommending Boots’ fur covered hot water bottle:
www.boots.com/boots-keep-cosy-hot-water-bottle-chocolate-fur-10186764
It’s not as intense a brown colour as the description suggests. Has been good enough to stop me bothering with the electric blanket so far this winter, and I live in a very cold house. Hope this helps, happy new year!

Please
or

TryingToDrinkMoreWater · 02/01/2019 07:38

I love my Yuyu hot water bottle. It can warm the length of my body at once and you can tie it around your torso so it is hands free. The fleece cover is really soft and snuggly.

www.yuyubottle.com/shop/luxury-fleece

Please
or

DeathMetalMum · 02/01/2019 07:43

I'd go boots . About 10 years ago I asked to to pick me a hot water bottle up (bad period pains at the time) he bought one for about £12 in boots. Which I baulked at at the time, as I'd have probably spent £4 max. It's still going strong though so was worth it.

Please
or

elQuintoConyo · 02/01/2019 07:56

I have a bog standard Boots one that is close to 15 years old. In a purple fluffy cover, if that makes any difference. It retains its heat until morning it is amazing!

Please
or

retainertrainer · 02/01/2019 08:47

Definitely get a long one, they’re amazing! Worth spending the extra too,the more expensive ones keep the heat in. The long ones are just fantastic, they can go along the bottom of the bed so you’re not rummaging around for it in the night or length ways down the side of your body. I’d never be without mine now.

Please
or

BadMoodBoard · 02/01/2019 10:24

borntobequiet

Done!!!

Thank you

Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

BadMoodBoard · 02/01/2019 10:24

Very tempted by the yuyus but I can't really justify the cost right now

OP's posts:
Please
or

borntobequiet · 02/01/2019 18:10

Here’s to many restful and cosy nights for you and your DD!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.