Spain, Italy and Greece rated more family-friendly than Britain as Mumsnetters put the UK on a par with France.
As part of our programme to help make Britain one of the best places in Europe to raise a family, we asked you: is Britain family-friendly, and what more should we all be doing?
Here's what you told us:
- Spain, Italy and Greece are all more family-friendly than Britain; the UK's family-friendliness was rated on a par with France
- 84% of Mumsnetters surveyed thought UK companies were poor when it came to being family-friendly employers
- 60% thought UK companies were poor when it came to offering family-friendly products and services
And you told us about the lack of family-friendly practices in your workplaces:
- 84% of Mumsnetters surveyed felt having children had made it harder to progress in their career
- 76% felt less employable since having a child
- 86% rated flexible working hours as a priority
1,002 Mumsnet members in the UK completed the online survey between 8-20 Feb'11