Gender question in hospital questionnaire

(11 Posts)
lafemme Sat 27-Mar-21 08:55:52

I've received a questionnaire from the Care Quality Commission regarding a hospital visit my child had last year (a baby).

It has a question asking for gender (not sex), and then invites me to write down what ever made up gender I believe my child may be with a view that it helps understanding the experience of the population.

It's a medical questionnaire, for a professional body, can't believe they've been sucked into this garbage!

OP’s posts: |
NancyDrawed Sat 27-Mar-21 09:03:27

The CQC are one of Stonewall's Diversity Champions...

Full list:

www.stonewall.org.uk/diversity-champions-members

CuriousaboutSamphire Sat 27-Mar-21 09:04:52

At least it's on paper. You can correct it!

Biscuitsanddoombar Sat 27-Mar-21 09:05:14

CQC are captured - pronouns in emails & everything. There’s been a few threads about them. I think they were challenged on their use of gender rather than sex and they said it meant the same

oldwomanwhoruns Sat 27-Mar-21 09:05:51

Yup , I had similar recently, asked for sex assigned at birth. I contacted the hospital, & healthwatch to say that this undermined our trust in the medical profession. Complain. Don't let them get away with this nonsense.

Finfintytint Sat 27-Mar-21 09:06:17

I had the same question on an NHS job application. They’ve been bitten by the bug.

sashh Sat 27-Mar-21 09:47:13

My child has no gender as it is a social construct which I reject.

Advertisement

lafemme Sat 27-Mar-21 13:41:17

Thanks for the list. I'm going to post it back with a letter explaining why I won't be completing it.

OP’s posts: |
jellyfrizz Sat 27-Mar-21 14:42:44

Biscuitsanddoombar

CQC are captured - pronouns in emails & everything. There’s been a few threads about them. I think they were challenged on their use of gender rather than sex and they said it meant the same

If gender means the same as sex the question could read:

What best describes your child's sex:
- Male
- Female
- A sex not listed here

Have some other human sexes been discovered?

FALGSC Sat 27-Mar-21 15:31:38

🤣 there is literally nothing you people won't get mad about

toffeebutterpopcorn Sun 28-Mar-21 15:45:56

I do like an open text box for these...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in