Talk

Advanced search

Teen Vogue and Vagina-Owners

(99 Posts)
RealityNotEssentialism Mon 30-Nov-20 13:40:31

They’ve done it again. I thought I was just a vulva-person but it turns out I am also a vagina-owner!

OP’s posts: |
yourhairiswinterfire Mon 30-Nov-20 13:42:00

No-nonsense, they say? Oh mates 😂

fatblackcatspaw Mon 30-Nov-20 13:44:45

I'm surprised we're not characterised as feckless Vagina renters...

Tannins Mon 30-Nov-20 13:45:20

“No nonsense” + “vagina owners” = a cartoon pawpaw/papaya? Ok.

SquishySquirmy Mon 30-Nov-20 13:46:17

What fruit is that?
Is it a papaya?

RealityNotEssentialism Mon 30-Nov-20 13:46:33

Hahaha yeah I think the entire contents of Teen Vogue can be classified as ‘nonsense’.

SquishySquirmy Mon 30-Nov-20 13:47:14

Sorry crossposted with Tannins.
Blessed be the womb of thy fruit!

DrDavidBanner Mon 30-Nov-20 13:48:19

I'm seeing a lot lately and it seems to be whenever there's a discussion on her about sex ed, people seem to be of the opinion that children need to learn how to have sex or masturbate. That's so weird to me. I mean teach them about respect, boundaries, safety and protection, but surely they're capable of learning how to achieve pleasure under their own steam?

It's just an observation I've made that I find more than a bit creepy.

DrDavidBanner Mon 30-Nov-20 13:50:37

Lol, I remember when I was on a hysterectomy forum a while back and there was much discussion about how our reproductive systems were always compared to fruit. I do find it quite funny

RealityNotEssentialism Mon 30-Nov-20 13:51:19

Yes I think a lot of adults are a bit too invested in teaching the actual mechanics of sex to teenagers. Because apparently it would be so awful for them to learn themselves by trial and error.

NewlyGranny Mon 30-Nov-20 13:53:27

"Girls, be aware that if you touch yourselves down there, you will find seeds! Scary black seeds by the dozen! And no clitoris at all. The clitoris is fake news." 🤦🏼‍♀️

NiceGerbil Mon 30-Nov-20 13:54:45

For girls it's not necessarily something they stumble across.

However for any wanting as a teen to read. This article is bound to be drivel.

Why a papaya? Why???

If they are incapable of saying girls hmm then surely clitoris owners would be more appropriate in this case? Oh yeah I forgot teen Vogue don't know what that is.

The advice is probably. How to do it. Let a man stick his cock up your arse. Painful, don't like it? More lube and relax fgs.

yourhairiswinterfire Mon 30-Nov-20 13:57:19

It's really fucking creepy, that they're talking to teenaged girls in this way.

Can you imagine if it were a teacher in the classroom, or a man in the park addressing girls like this? There'd be hell to fucking pay. But degrading children and referring to them as their sexual organs is all good as long as you're doing it to be ''inclusive''.

Sickening.

RealityNotEssentialism Mon 30-Nov-20 13:58:28

I clicked on the article. They seem to have located the clitoris finally but interestingly one of the first things they advise is to try anal stimulation. Seems that even when you’re on your own you need to put stuff up your butt.

www.teenvogue.com/story/how-to-masturbate-if-you-have-a-vagina

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 30-Nov-20 13:59:58

"While you're down there, you can feel free to try anal masturbation, by either rubbing your anus, or inserting fingers or a toy with a flared base"

This is so unnecessary as is the detailed description on exactly how.

It's the same as the thread about sex ed in school - this stuff doesn't need to, and shouldn't be taught in detail like this.

PotholeParadies Mon 30-Nov-20 14:02:02

The author of that article posted this video on twitter and social media this week.

As you can see, she can't even spell the word consensual, while bigging up "consensual choking" as a practice that shouldn't be kink-shamed.

twitter.com/GigiEngle/status/1332362584750776321?s=09

NewlyGranny Mon 30-Nov-20 14:05:05

Looks rather as if Teen Vogue has been captured. 😨

RealityNotEssentialism Mon 30-Nov-20 14:06:15

PotholeParadies

The author of that article posted this video on twitter and social media this week.

As you can see, she can't even spell the word consensual, while bigging up "consensual choking" as a practice that shouldn't be kink-shamed.

twitter.com/GigiEngle/status/1332362584750776321?s=09

Oh wow. What precisely is this person doing writing for teens? Bondage, pegging and choking? Oh and every objection to the frankly disturbing practice of getting off on choking another person (it’s nearly always men choking women, not mutual) is dismissed as ‘kink shaming’.

And so pleased they linked to their handy guide on anal. After all you must normalise the idea that every sexual experience involves having something up your butt.

NiceGerbil Mon 30-Nov-20 14:06:29

The way they say yeah clitoris vagina and also WHY NOT TRY THIS HERE'S MORE DETAIL than we bothered for the other stuff.

They describe the clit as 'rosebud' like bump wtf sounds like something from a dodgy historical romance.

NiceGerbil Mon 30-Nov-20 14:08:04

I was looking through and there are a trillion articles about lgbtqihhtrhd+

And one with the header something like. Is there any hope for straight people confused

And then they wonder why kids are all identifying as lbghyfgjj+

Ffs

NewlyGranny Mon 30-Nov-20 14:08:33

Good grief, what is "temperature play" in the first place? No, on second thoughts, I'd rather not know. Nice textbook illustration of St Vitus' dance, though, which might be linked to any or all of the activities being promoted, I suppose.

Spitting?! Erotic? For whom?!

Deliriumoftheendless Mon 30-Nov-20 14:09:24

A toy with a flared base?

Like an Elsa figurine?

Hangingover Mon 30-Nov-20 14:09:56

I'm surprised we're not characterised as feckless Vagina renters

HAHAHAHAHA grin

viques Mon 30-Nov-20 14:09:58

DrDavidBanner

Lol, I remember when I was on a hysterectomy forum a while back and there was much discussion about how our reproductive systems were always compared to fruit. I do find it quite funny

Try having fibroids. I had grapes, satsumas and a grapefruit!

NiceGerbil Mon 30-Nov-20 14:10:02

Is it when your partner produces the bum play kit again and you say oh no I think I've got a temperature I'm going to give sex a miss tonight sorry.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in