Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Transwoman moved from women's prison

(14 Posts)
ageingrunner Sat 17-Dec-16 09:42:32

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525441/Transgender-murderer-Paris-Green-moved-womens-prison-sex-inmates.html

Sorry it's a DM link. He's being moved, but not before having sex with several women prisoners sad
This is not supposed to happen is it?

ageingrunner Sat 17-Dec-16 09:42:48

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525441/Transgender-murderer-Paris-Green-moved-womens-prison-sex-inmates.html

fairgame84 Sat 17-Dec-16 09:47:54

He should be moved to a male prison. What is the point in moving him from a women's prison to a women's section. Surely he will still be able to have sex with women? Or have I misunderstood the article?
How can he be considered a woman while he is using his penis to partake in sexual activity?

ageingrunner Sat 17-Dec-16 09:56:29

I don't know, maybe there's a segregation section in the other prison? But yes I didn't understand that bit either. Hopefully none of the women have become pregnant or caught an STI.

MrsKCastle Sat 17-Dec-16 09:57:53

How can he be considered a woman while he is using his penis to partake in sexual activity?

This situation is an inevitable result of 'Transwomen ARE women'. Society is now in a place where we can't put people like Paris Green in a male prison because that woukd be considered intolerable discrimination and bigotry. But clearly Paris can't be allowed to mix freely with women either.

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sat 17-Dec-16 10:05:31

That was 2013.

Not that they learned much from it hmm

zippey Sat 17-Dec-16 10:10:47

The article is very vague, no evidence of him her having second with anyone. People have sex all the time in prison as well of course.

Be interesting to see where they are now.

ageingrunner Sat 17-Dec-16 10:18:27

People have sex all the time in prison which is part of the reason why the 2 sexes should be kept apart.

LittleBooInABox Sun 18-Dec-16 09:12:24

If their having sex with women, then they should be in a man's prison. But then I don't believe they should be locked up 2-3 to a cell. Should be one per cell. Then this wouldn't be so freely able to happenZ

QueenOfTheSardines Sun 18-Dec-16 16:27:01

I'd have thought the main reason for segregating the sexes in prison which goes back a long time is because of risk of pregnancy. No-one wants women in prison getting pregnant it just adds a whole additional layer of complexity and what do you do and risk and expense and question-marks about women being incarcerated etc.

The obvious other risks - sexual violence etc - are secondary TBH from reasons going back. Male on male sexual violence seems to be accepted as inevitable (WHY??? - surely there should be no tolerance for violence let alone sexual violence at all) and I believe it happens in women's prisons as well. However, the dynamics and risks are very different to when it is a person with a dick and a person with a vagina.

I suppose in these "post biology" days we need to just turn a blind eye or something.

icyfront Sun 05-Feb-17 20:52:44

And now he's been moved to the male block, again for having sex with female prisoners:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4193538/Transexual-killer-women-s-jail-sex-inmates.html

Interesting that the Daily Mail is now referring to him as transsexual rather than transgender. Not sure if that's a sign of the Daily Mail becoming enlightened, though.

Prawnofthepatriarchy Mon 06-Feb-17 15:19:43

If the DM is referring to him as transsexual then the DM is wrong. You can't have a penis and be transsexual - only full surgery qualifies. The transsexuals see themselves as very different from the transgendered and will be hopping mad if someone like Paris is being lumped in with them.

Twogoats Mon 06-Feb-17 15:26:42

As horrible as it sounds, we need stuff like this to happen before the msn will start being more critical of trans issues. sad

Prawnofthepatriarchy Mon 06-Feb-17 15:29:44

Paris Green is a man in prison for murder. Women prisoners should not, ever and under any circumstances, be put in a position where a violent heterosexual man can corner them. There's no way anyone could truly consent to sex in those circumstances, and women prisoners are particularly vulnerable. As a cohort, women prisoners are highly likely to have been the victim of sexual and violent crime (which is committed almost exclusively by men) and to have issues of trust, boundaries, etc.

Exposing them to this man is appalling, a mass of human rights abuses. As for him being trans, there is absolutely nothing transgender about a violent man who uses his penis to have sex with women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now